2003 Tundra question [Archive] - Toyota CelicaSupra Forums

: 2003 Tundra question

DRIFTINGmy85
11-04-2009, 10:56 PM
I've noticed that on my gf's Tundra, it feels like it's slipping when accelerating while turning. It's very settle. But I feel like either the tires are slipping or the transmission but leaning more on the tranny side in my opinion. This only happens when making a turn and the steering wheel is 2 or 3 times turned. As the wheel is about to straighten out it feels like slipping stops.
There are only 80k on the car and at 70k I did an ATF flush.

Any ideas about what I may be experiencing?

Thanks in Advance,
Chris

zuprax85
11-04-2009, 11:17 PM
ABS ?????? very weird just u FEEL like is slipping while u r turning, what about in highway..passing anothers vehicles????

DRIFTINGmy85
11-04-2009, 11:25 PM
It's definitely not the ABS kicking in.

Yes, I only notice when the wheel is turned and accelerating.

Tomkat
11-05-2009, 12:26 PM
I have a 02 Sequoia. These guys are known to have sensitive stability control systems, but this sounds a little different. Check out http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/ for a lot more info.

SilverMk2
11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Wide tires maybe? I know for Z06s and ZR1s GM has a tech bullentin saying the sliding noise is normal for the width of tire used for hard turns.

DRIFTINGmy85
11-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks, I'll ask on that tundra forum.
The tires... maybe it needs an alignment. My mkii made funny noises that were related to it needing an alignment. Hmm, I wonder...
The tires are stock size also, btw.

Yotaholic
11-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Try putting 2 or 3 hundred lbs in the back of the truck and see if it still happens . I've noticed on both the old and new Tundras that you will get some wheel spin on sharp turns at low speed. The traction control on the new ones make this even more pronouced. The inside tire will lift and spin without weight in the truck . The time it takes for the lsd to lock or the turn to end makes it feel like a stall in power or a slip in the tranny. I'm sure your gf's tranny is fine but it wouln't hurt to check the fluid level and inspect the vent and oil level in the diff. Put some weight in the back ,, it should cure the problem and make yor ride a little smoother at the same time. :eek4dance: