Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Origional carpet mats

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  batmobile 
#1 ·
Ok you guys with OEM floormats....I need the part number for the front passenger and driver side mats. I have two and have wondered why they seem so brown and today at the junkyard I saw a cressida with the same mats. I'm wondering what the numbers part numbers are so I can compare it to the earlier ones that I thought were Supra mats...Thanks

#2 ·
Just went to the parking garage & looked at my floormats (good thing I drove the MKII to work today). This is what is on the bottom of my OE Maroon Floormats. These floormats are correct for 83 - 86 MKII's or RA Celica's, depending on the color.

Left: WPPI-4808-L-16

Right: WPPI-4808-R-17

I have seen Cressida floormats in the junkyard, they are very different than the ones for the Supra/Celica.

As many of you know, the color code for Maroon parts is "12" and the color code is not in this part number. I can't remember what the color code is for Brown, that came in the RA Celica's.

The only other set of numbers on the bottom, are some Patent numbers & are obviously not part of the part numbers themselves.

HTH.

#3 ·
I just went to Walmart and browsing around in the car section, even though they have crap parts, i found a set of rubber floor mats which are better than the carpet floor mats. If they get dirty just hose them off. Carpet floor mats require alot more maintainance and other cleaning products. If you want low maintanaince good looks go with the rubber ones and spray some armor all on them! :)

#4 ·
What maintenance???? Run the Hoover upright over the floormat carpet surface & you're good... If you track in other crud that results in staining your carpets, then.............. :bitchsla: :nutkick: And I DO tell peeps to kick their shoes together to get crud off of the bottoms before they get in my car..... Especially sand.....

Besides, this is mostly for those who are uber picky about having original looking interiors for the summer. But yes, I do have rubber mats that I use for crappy weather driving....

Uhmmm, no..... Armor All on your rubber floormats..... Ever see what the bottom of your shoes will look like???? Not a good thing if you slip & fall....

#5 ·
on a side note...i pulled some floor mats out of a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis and they fit amazing. The passenger side (i believe) isn't a perfect fit but it's really nice. great thick material too. The drivers side fits great though *shrugs* solved my problem of trying to find some in the wanted section.

#7 ·
Pictures???? Just curious???

#9 ·
Sorry, celica's.....

#11 ·
Hrmmm.... Well......

These are the MKII mats..... The shapes are correct... I'm assuming that the color shade is a bit off???? (then again, I have seen Maroon floormats that have been severely sunfaded & they look brown).

Look at the vinyl trim that is on the outer border. Does it look Maroon (should match your door panels, or the leather on the seats), or is it more dirt brown looking???

#12 ·
Actually the trim does match with the maroon, and you are correct they do look brown maroon interior with the carpets...I did go to the junkyard and got the other floormats, however they are definately not for the MKII, but got them for free so can't complain

#13 ·
well yes CJSREDPRA, obviously its a givin to kick the shoes, and since you live in seattle ( in a city) and dont have any experience in the backwoods with mud then you wouldnt know anything about getting your carpets dirty and not being able to clean them. The dirt will stain your carpets, and you cannot get the stains out even with a steamvac. I reccomend the rubber mats, and have a back up of the carpet ones for special ocasions. It only takes a minute to switch. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.