Driving Miss Swan....The Continuing Story - Page 50

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd228 View Post
    The lower part of the one piece radiator shroud encompassed the lower radiator hose. You will see.
    Break it!
    On the very early C3 Corvettes, one had to remove the right front upper A-arm to be able to get the fan shroud out because it was already on the body when the body was dropped onto the frame, thus being sandwiched in. It became popular to cut the shroud through the bottom to be able to collapse it, then stitch it back together upon reinstall with a piece of sheet metal and small bolts or screws. Today, restorers will pay $300-$400 for an uncut original fan shroud. Just food for thought......
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Interesting about the C3, Phil. I never had the shroud out of my '69 T-Top, but I do remember how packed in it was from the times I had the engine out.

Not gonna cut the one on my MKII, I'll just work around it.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

I wish I would of taken pics when crewing on the '69 C3 back in the day...I've forgotten 90% of what I used to work on the car...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Mine started as my daily driver, then wound being an SCCA B-Production car for a while, then a buddy bought it, and put it back on the street (I kept everything I took off it) and autocrossed it.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

This car was a B-Production car at Laguna Seca and Sears Point, other tracks in the PACNW 74-77...then went SP/Trans-AM from 78-80 w a 454...my best friend was crew chief and actually got his SCCA in the car at Sears Point in 77/78. I worked on it from 77-80 then the car was sold....
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

I ran in the Chicago region, but never did very well in the Corvette. I did much better in B-Sedan with my Firebird.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Thread Information