The "Official" Trim Code/Pictures Thread - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    well i have the email of the previous owner if you would like me to ask them

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

That's okay, thanks.

i took a peek and it looks like they fit perfectly no new holes on the mounts or the seats

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Didn't see any GR36 pics, found these on Ebay;

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    -shirts, stickers, posters & more!-
    Hidden Content
    -more shirt styles, magnets, wallets, mugs and more!-

1985 P-type 5 speed
    6MGE
    10 years strong 4-20-08
    1984 L-type Auto - Bone stock & broken Hidden Content
    acquired 6/17

Lm21

Quote Originally Posted by CJSREDPRA View Post
    Geez Billy!!!!

I really have no idea what to tell you in this case!!!! 3 in a row??? I have seen pictures of them, but I've only seen ONE actual set of the Black Leather P-Type seats, and that was at Nix99. I still have not seen them in a actual 83 P-Type yet (the car that I lost the Trim Code to, still had the Black Leather door panels, but the seats were replaced by 84 Black/Gray Cloth seats).

As to what to pay for them??? No rips or tears??? Slightly more than a set of good Black/Gray, Maroon or Blue Leather seats, I don't know of a exact price. Up here in the PacNW, they are hard to find!!!
    I am still new here, but I have to say my March 82 P-type had the LM21 1983 P-Type - Black Leather seats in them. The front ones were in such bad shape I finally had to toss them, but the back ones are still in and not in overly bad shape. Not sure I would say good shape either. I love them, and wish I could find others to put in my car.

I really need some seats... Are you serious about an offer?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyM View Post
    I'll email you a set of pics of my newest black leather.

You've got to be kidding me.... I have purchased 3 good cars and I cant find one WITHOUT the black leather. So... since its soooo rare, how much would you pay for a full one? I'm so sick of black leather *lies*.

--BillyM
    I will buy some seats if you up for it. As long as I can work with the price...

CelicaSupra.com Member Michael764's Avatar
    i'm currently aquiring a 83 l with black leather in good shape complete clean, just cracked. the picture in the OP shows a grayer carpet. is this because its faded? the carpet in my 83 is dark black.

Code is

3C7-GL31
    Rose Gold, Black L-type Leather
    R.I.P. Hidden Content
    D.S.F
    7.14.1993 - 2.14.2012
    82 terra-cotta

Hidden Content

[QUOTE=CJSREDPRA;117575]

1983:

FX31 = Terra Cotta Cloth, P-Type
    GL31 = Terra Cotta Cloth, L-Type
    LF31 = Terra Cotta Leather, L-Type

* 1983 was the ONLY year that Black Leather was available on the seating surfaces & parts of the door trim. 1984 - 1986, the seat/door trim color changed to Gray. Thus this is rarest trim code/material on all of the MKII's to date.

** Not available in Leather & have not seen any examples to this day

(FYI. Several years ago one evening while myself & a friend were in downtown Portland, Oregon, we spotted a Terra Cotta P-Type that had what appeared to be a Leather interior. The seatbacks had the usual "pleats" that are unique to a P-Type Leather interior. Since then, I have not seen another one to this day, thus I'm trying to confirm if this trim really did exist).
    QUOTE]

re-cover but head rests are orig.

R.I.P. Hidden Content
    D.S.F
    7.14.1993 - 2.14.2012
    82 terra-cotta

Hidden Content

the sides and rests are not recover, but are faded

door panels are orig.
    R.I.P. Hidden Content
    D.S.F
    7.14.1993 - 2.14.2012
    82 terra-cotta

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by CJSREDPRA View Post
    All,

Finally, after several years of procrastination :banme: I have finally gotten around to writing up the Trim Code list for the US Spec 79 - 86 MKI & MKII's. Like the Paint Code information that I have in another thread, I was able to gather this information from many visits to junkyards & writing down the information from the firewall dataplates, or from looking at other dataplates from Supras that are still running. Along w/ contacting various members here on the CS Forums & the MKII Yahoo list.

During my research, I've discovered several things: 1. For the different trim colors, the 3rd digit tends to always be the same number, based on the color shade. Most of the time, it was just the first 2 letters/digits that changed, and sometimes the last digit changed. 2. Not all countries used the 4 digit code format for the trim code (example: the UK RHD MKII's only had 3 digits). 3. Some trim models were not available after certain years (example: L-Type's were not available in Canada after 1983, the same for the US after 1985), and certain colors/material were not available in certain countries (examples: The Maroon interiors were not available on the Super Deep Red (Royal Red) MKII's in Canada, only the Black/Gray. And the Blue Leather P-Type interiors were not available in Canada at all).

If anybody has any pictures of the different interior scheme's that they would like to add, please do so!!! ESPECIALLY CLOSE UP pictures of the Cloth interiors & the different seat patterns.

So here is the list. If anybody sees any mistakes, please reply so that I can correct them. Otherwise, happy reading!!

1979:

YW21 = Black Cloth
    LJ21 = Black Vinyl*

YW31 = Maroon Cloth
    LJ31 = Maroon Vinyl*

YW41 = Beige Cloth
    LJ41 = Beige Vinyl*

YW81 = Blue Cloth
    LJ81 = Blue Vinyl*

* The 1979 MKI's are the only year where the seat material was actually in Vinyl, rather than in Leather. This is based on sightings in junkyards over the years & looking at the material surface, along with the material underneath. Definitely manmade, not natural. The 1979 US Sales Brochure also mentions vinyl as well.

1980:

YW25 = Black Cloth

YW35 = Maroon Cloth

YW45 = Beige Cloth
    LK45 = Beige Leather*

YW85 = Blue Cloth

* According to the 1980 Sales Brochure, the Leather interior (REAL leather, not vinyl) was only available in this color. To date, I have not see any other colors available in Leather in 80 MKI's.

1981:

HB25 = Black/Gray Cloth*
    LN25 = Black/Gray Leather**

HB35 = Maroon Cloth
    LN35 = Maroon Leather

HB45 = Beige Cloth
    LN45 = Beige Leather

HB85 = Blue Cloth***

* Black/Gray is a name that I give to this interior, because the seats & parts of the door trim are Gray (which is what everyone notices right away most of the time), but the rest of the interior is Black. Toyota officially calls this interior Black. Thus this can be confusing at times.

** I am still trying to determine if this interior does exist. This is based on a Test Drive Comparison article found in the February 1982 issue of Motor Trend & they were comparing a 1981 Performance Package MKI, and a 1982 P-Type MKII. The MKI had Leather, but the interior picture was in B&W. Both the Black/Gray, and the Beige interiors were available on the Code 6A5 Black Metallic Clearcoat 81's, so I'm still trying to verify this.

*** Not available in Leather & I have not seen any examples to this day.
    Updates base on my registry and confirmed with pictures and build plate info...
    1979:
    LJ21 apparently doesn't exist
    The xx31 code is officially 'Dark Wine' and apparently only came in vinyl so no such thing as YW31 in 1979
    LJ81 confirmed with multiple verified cars in the registry with 030 White and 861 Light Blue Metallic paint codes

1981:
    LN25 does not exist. Leather (LN code) was Tan and Dark Wine only
    HB85 exists confirmed with multiple verified cars and was standard with the 888 Light Blue Metallic paint code
    Multi-Generational Supra Syndrome afflicted in BLACK, RED, WHITE and BLUE
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information