Digital Photography FAQ - taking & printing photos - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithH
    I used to have an Olympus C2000Z 2.1MP camera. This thing took GREAT pics no matter what. A friend of mine used to laugh when I would take the camera out and shoot in the wierdest lighting conditions. He would say there was no way the picture would come out. He ate his words on MANY occasions.
    I have to agree - I have a C3000Z (3.3MP)...I'm looking for a digital SLR because I want the versatility of a collection of lenses...but the Olympus takes great pictures and I will keep it as my point-and-shoot digi camera for quite a while. I have a photo in the 2003 calendar which came out just fine despite being a 3.3MP photo that was saved as a 90% .jpg.

Here's one from the Vegas trip that was shot at night at 2048x1536 with this camera (resized down a bit and also saved as a 90% .jpg):

http://www.malibyte.net/gallery/Vega...sc_0011?full=0

Alan Goodsite has a one of the next models up in the Olympus food chain (I believe it's a 5MP model) which holds two memory cards and has a bunch of slick features that my 3000 doesn't. If you can find one of those used, in good shape, grab it.
    '84P 5-speed - 2JZ-GTE, PT 6265 turbo, R154, 3.58 - 465 rwhp @17 psi
    '85P 5-speed - 5M-GE - BPUs - otherwise unmolested

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member supramad77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraWes
    It looks like the 50i has a very small lens. In low light stuations like your fog picture the small lens just does not capture enough light and the picture will turn out grainy or even badly pixelated as the Image Sensor (CCD) does not have enough information to create a clear image.
    It is a small camera which is why i liked as you can fit it in your pocket. The fog picture was taken last November very early about half 7 in the morning. It was the 1st day I had my new wheels fitted. It was very dark still at that time of the morning and so foggy I could hardly see where I was going. I am surprised I got any sort of image at all.
    Iforged alloys
    Erebuni body kit
    LJM front strut brace
    pat

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member Speed Racer's Avatar
    I'm getting ready to buy myself an Xmas present within the next few days. I've narrowed my choices down to these two:

Canon PowerShot Pro1
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonpro1

or

Canon EOS 300D Rebel
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d

Cool Wes, I see I'm not the only one who has been looking at www.dpreview.com - Chris Wick told me about the site recently. I've been using an Olympus C-3030 http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc3030z for a long time now. I think it's time for an upgrade, plus I can use it for work too so it's not just a new toy. I'm trying to stay in the $700 or so range, and either one of these cameras will suit my needs just fine.
    RIP Leslie Grover - really miss you and the turbo toad my friend
    -----
    Stephen - 1996 Supra turbo
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member hondakiller's Avatar
    I just got a digital camera for Christmas, its says it ranges from 3.2 to 6 megapixels, how does that work?
    Caleb Meeker
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member supramad77's Avatar
    Change the setting in the cameras menu to alter how many pixels you want to use. The more pixels the better the picture, but the fewer it will hold on the memory card.
    Iforged alloys
    Erebuni body kit
    LJM front strut brace
    pat

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member hondakiller's Avatar
    alright, now i understand! It has four settings for resolution, so it must mean 3, 4, 5, and 6mp for each setting!
    Caleb Meeker
    Hidden Content

Thread Information