Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

5 NEW Suspension and Brake articles added to my website!

66K views 120 replies 52 participants last post by  williamb82 
#1 · (Edited)
6 NEW Suspension and Brake articles added to my website!

Budget brake upgrade.

http://www.tscperformance.com/supra_brake.html

Budget $150 Big Brakes

http://www.tscperformance.com/supra_bigbrake.htm

Front AGX adjustable strut install

http://www.tscperformance.com/supra_frontstrut.htm

Rear AGX adjustable shock install

http://www.tscperformance.com/supra_rearagx.html

Rear bushing upgrade, control arms and subframe

http://www.tscperformance.com/supra_rearbushing.html

Front Coilover and Camber plate install

http://www.tscperformance.com/supra_coilcover.htm

Yes it was all worth it, everybody was asking me why I was so fast all of the sudden at the autocross yesterday :)

As usual all of this can be found again at a later date by following the link in my signature. Enjoy!

See less See more
#3 ·
very nice Wes, great write ups! I'm just about done my suspension build up too, I can't wait to completely finish it all off.

1 question. Obviously you didn't install them with stock springs, but do you think it would be possible to install the camber plates without coil overs and not increase the ride height? I noticed that you have to cut a spacer sleave to install them so I'm wondering as I don't want to go to coilovers for a few reasons.

#8 ·
SupraFiend said:
1 question. Obviously you didn't install them with stock springs, but do you think it would be possible to install the camber plates without coil overs and not increase the ride height? I noticed that you have to cut a spacer sleave to install them so I'm wondering as I don't want to go to coilovers for a few reasons.
I think you are going to get some ride height no matter how you do it. I thnk someone posted during the Camber plate GB that you will gain 1/2" installing the plates as is. Using half the spacer would bring it back dowm 1/4 " so you would gain 1/4" at the most. also you are only going to be able to get about 1.5 degrees of camber with the stock springs. They are too large diameter and they will hit the strut tower, this is the main reason I got coilovers is to be able to make full use of the camber plates.

#9 ·
Great stuff there - one question though - what is the free length of the front springs ?

What is the price of the coilover kit from Paradise or 935 ?

Cheers

Michael bachmann

#10 ·
Great writeups Wes !

Can't wait to get home and check out the rest of the articles !

I especially like that rear susp article. Often wondered about the subframe bushings. Did you feel much more harshness after the bushing install in the rear ? I guess its all relative, and if it made a difference on the autox course, what else matters, eh ? :wink:

Go Mr. January !!

Don L.

#12 ·
TRD_83_SupraDrifter said:
Thx Wes on the grate right up. This will make my job tons easyer!!! I want to ask you tho Wes what spring rate did you go with in the front?

did you read his writeup at all? he posted it in there.

#14 ·
TRD_83_SupraDrifter said:
Oops I was just looking at the pics and didnt even notice it there.

<<------Goofball :silly:
whats the point of a writeup if you are going to read whats written?

#16 ·
Don L. said:
Great writeups Wes !

Can't wait to get home and check out the rest of the articles !

I especially like that rear susp article. Often wondered about the subframe bushings. Did you feel much more harshness after the bushing install in the rear ? I guess its all relative, and if it made a difference on the autox course, what else matters, eh ? :wink:

Go Mr. January !!

Don L.
The bushings made a huge difference, I'm suprised you havent done that already. My noisy diff is alot noisier now too, well actaully I can just hear it better :) Hopefully the TruTrac and all new bearings in a few months will quiet that down a bit. But the car feels alot better especially in trasitions and when you loose control it is much easier to recover. All the mods I did made about the same difference as switching to R-Compund. A buddy in ESP and me were always within a few tens of each other all last year, one weekend he would be faster the other it could be me. Well this weekend he had R compound and we were still pretty much neck and neck the whole day, he won by about 2 tenths.

#17 ·
bbaacchhyy said:
Great stuff there - one question though - what is the free length of the front springs ?

What is the price of the coilover kit from Paradise or 935 ?

Cheers

Michael bachmann
7" front springs is what comes with the kit.

Both places are about the same price it comes down to shipping costs probably 935 is on the West coast Paradise is on the east coast.

#18 ·
i just skimmed the writeups.... kinda busy at this exact minute, but im sure they will be up to the usual caliber of your site wes, lookin forward to later tonite when ive got free time :)

#19 ·
hey wes i know with williams install he didnt use the top perches from the coilover set as he used the top perch of the stockers. Now you used the both of the top perches, my question is how much lower do you think you could go on that setup with both of the top perches installed?

charlie

#20 ·
my top perches were diff and i had 8in springs. with just the stock top perch the spring is higher up on the strut housing at the same ride hieght and clears the tire nicely. i was under there yesterday and ther is a lil over an inch between the sidewall of the tire and the threaded collar. so i can run up to prolly a 9in wheel in front with no probs. although itd prolly stick out in the front. but an 8n wheel with +15mm offset should fit the front fine.

#21 ·
Great write up Wes, and yes each item shown is available at 935 Motorsports.

One thing to mention is that if you were to go with the AGX MR2 Front Strut, it would use a screwdriver to adjust instead of knob. This would allow you to adjust it still while in the CUSCO plate.

The MR2 fronts are just a bit softer, but still very aggressive and much harder then the Tokicos.

#23 ·
Approximately a 1/8" D shaped shaft from what I can tell. If anyone has any ideas on waht to use I am all ears, I have been pulling the knobs off everything I see but no luck so far.

#24 ·
SlimFastSupra said:
The MR2 fronts are just a bit softer, but still very aggressive and much harder then the Tokicos.

When you say the mr2 fronts are just a bit softer, what are you comparing them too? It looks like you are saying they are much harder than the mk2 tokikos, but what are they softer than?

Thanks
Ken

#25 ·
front suspension

I like the way you mounted the front coilovers....what is the ride height with this setup? What is the difference in the lowering amount if you install the coilovers without cutting the sleeves?

#26 ·
I think it allows you about 3/4" with the full collars instead of the ones suited for stock perches.

Wes, I am going to grind down the standard knobs so they will fit down in there and put a slot for a flat-head and some sort of directional marker as well... I'll let you know once I get it together or visually show you what I'm talking about next month.

By the way, any autox's planned for the weekend of the FL meet? I might take you up on that co-drive offer.

--BillyM (has 450's for the black-sup)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.