Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

First For Everything

6K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  xricer 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Bought a 2JZGTE-VVTi a few weeks back and it is going into my 61 E100. For you young whippersnappers, that's an old Ford van. Just completing the engine/tranny mounts in the frame and then I can bolt it down, so I'm going to be looking to some 2J gurus for some guidance with a standalone installation. Thanks in advance, love the site!

WP

See less See more
#27 ·
I'm confused why you'd want the air suspension to control the engine AC compressor? A simple relay can do that though. Getting the AC pump to work on the 2JZ is relatively simple the compressor clutch just needs to see 12V and the clutch will engage. Most cars just run the 12V to the clutch thru the AC switch in the dash and a low pressure switch in the lines somewhere (and usually and evaporator temp switch in newer cars).

You don't need to use the factory ECU to run the starter. I doubt anyone with a MK2 and a 2JZ swap does. Everything newer than a Mk2 supra from Toyota use the ECU to control this to function as a neutral start switch.

Things to watch out for with 2JZ wiring. NSW needs to be wired correctly on the auto ECUs or you'll get a very soft rev limiter. The fuel pump control circuit needs a little bit of care. Most of the other stuff is just a case of wiring the right thing up.

#29 ·
Apalov13, you guessed it. I want to use the A/C compressor as an air compressor for my air ride system as I will have 2-60 AC...(two windows down at 60mph). I know I don't need the ECU to start it, but when the ECU knows when it's starting, it can adjust timing, fuel ratio, etc when it's hot, seems functional, but if it's not common in swaps...one less wire to do.

WP

#31 ·
Got some major progress done on #yegrbomb. Just about completed the wiring, air ride plumbing done, brakes done and wired up the ECU for it's first start. After this video was made, I was able to drive it into a car show last weekend. It was so rewarding! Can't wait until #yegrbomb is complete so I can give it a real run for it's money!!

WP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.