Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Drivers side wiper adapters

12K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  ddd228 
#1 · (Edited)
I know that we all would like to be able to replace the drivers side wiper with just a quick cartridge change. The stock wiper won't do that so unless you change the arms with Celica arms what options do you have. I want to keep the original style but be able to replace them with cartridges so I modified my drivers arm to take an adapter for wiper cartridges. Here is what I did. Took about 20 minutes.

I tried it with a spare arm I had. I had these adapters already but I believe the are Bosch adapters.
I found these on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Wiper-Adapter-Bosch-3392390298/dp/B015YD1US8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498872930&sr=8-2&keywords=bosch+wiper+adapters

Here is where I mounted the adapter.
View attachment 9167

You will need to remove these two rivets. I used a grinder and a punch but you can try to drill them out.

Rivet A.
View attachment 9169

View attachment 9173

Rivet B.
View attachment 9177

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Gun accessory

This pin needs to come out. I used a grinder with a thin blade but a saw might work. This is also the head of rivet A
View attachment 9175

With the wiper blade and blade arm removed you can see the other side to rivet B. You will need to remove rivet B now.

With the rivet B now removed you can take off one side of the channel off.

This leaves the other channel side. This will need to be ground off too.

It has now been groung off to be even with the bottom of the channel.

The adapter.

As you can see the adapter holes match the spacing of the holes on you wiper arm. They will need to be drilled out so a 1/8 inch pop rivet will fit.

You can rivet or bolt on the adapter either on top or underneath the arm. If you choose to do it on top I suggest grinding of the bottom of the adapter side to be flush. This will allow better mating to the wiper arm. ( It is what I did)

Finished product.

The second adapter mounts directly to the passenger wiper arm so no need to modify it.

See less See more
#9 ·
What about the passenger side? I haven't looked at doing this, but I am now interested..

#14 ·
Perfect FAQ!!

#15 ·
I replaced the wipers on my wife's Prius a couple of months ago, and I said to myself:"I wish I could use this type of blade on the Supra!". I never new such adaptors even existed. Great write up for a practical solution.

I would only add that without having the adaptor in front of me, but only looking at your photos, it seems that perhaps if you used the middle and the other outside hole, the center of the blade would fall closer to the hinge point of the original blade, and perhaps the original length blade could be used. Also, and only for cosmetic reasons, I would probably cut off the portion of the adaptor that is not needed.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your idea with everyone.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.