1982 P type 1JZ GE action - Page 12

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    So I take it you need to use a 2JZ clutch fork? Where did you located one. Didn't see any on ebay.
    Terra Cotta '83 6MGE W58
    Black '86 Shell
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member mutantcolors's Avatar
    One round of phone Googling over a beer landed me results for a slave cylinder, pivot ball and fork. My secret weapon for parts sourcing during this whole build has been an SC300. Everything from injector seals to a bellhousing.

OMG EPIC PROGRESS

For my imaginary backwards throttle cable which is definitely backwards and not imaginary.
    Only took my a year to buy the part!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Another step closer.

Slave cylinder and fork came in.
    Pivot ball came in, or rather didn't, in a conspicuously empty Amazon mailer. Of course it was THEE last one available there and replacements are 2 months out from Japan. Got a refund but paid about $12 extra for one from a dealership.

Fuckers.

Spent a lovely, spring-like January day laying on my back in a driveway unhitching the most bolts related to one minor oversight yet.

Since it's out now, I'm going to take both my W58's to a shop, have them checked out, and fix any little things I can/should for the Supra. The other one is a steel plate model so, barring any disastrous findings (which I don't foresee as the 82 shifted just fine) I will be saving that one for my 1UZ pickup.

I looked at that cube short shifter, but that is not worth $200 to me. Probably go the shiftgasm route since it's out of the car and easier than ever.

Shiftgasm in. Never tackled it in a car but 2/10 difficulty when the tranny is out. Taped off the opening below and cleaned the fine remnants out with a sanding roller in about 3 minutes. Hit the sanded debris with a shop vac, dropped in the bushing and went on with my day.

The old bushing was TOAST.

Finally put this OG beauty back where it belongs. I get it when folks ditch the later ones, but I love this style.

OH, also, my clutch troubles all boiled down to the freakin' TO bearing CLIP, the clip of all things. I had all the right gear in the first place but my clutch kit included a clip that accommodated the old 5M fork, the JZ fork clips together all different. I have a National Bearings brand on order which displays the correct clip in the stock photo.

So now we know, watch your ass on that TO bearing clip or you risk dropping your whole transmission for (nearly) no reason.

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Good to know you figured it out!
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Part came in, correct I might add.
    THIS is the one you need for JZ to W58. National Bearings p/n 614088.
    Side arms pointing toward the center on clippy, happy. No side arms on clippy, no happy.

Will the stock 2J one not work?
    Terra Cotta '83 6MGE W58
    Black '86 Shell
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

Thread Information