Hatch Decal - Anyone making, selling, or have the vector file? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just purchased a TOR Parts hatch sticker about a month ago and while I haven't applied it yet, a quick comparison shows that it's a very close match.

The inside semi circles of the S are a little rounder than the OEM Toyota part. The TOR part looks to be half of a circle while the OEM one is a more oval shape. The shape of the clear cut out is not identical. On the right side of the S where the top leg ends and turns back to the left there is a gentle indent on the TOR while it indents a little more sharply on the OEM.

Having said that, it's pretty darn close. Unless you compared them side by side I don't think that you would notice. The overall dimensions seem to be identical. I'm extremely happy with the quality of the part.

The TOR Parts owner really seems to know what he's talking about too. He has these decals in silver, white, and black. I have a white 84 and I read on this forum that the actual colour for the hatches on white was gray. I asked for a custom colour and he said sure, but that the correct colour for white is actually silver. I went outside and checked, and he was correct. The decal I thought was gray was actually silver.

In terms of lifetime, who knows? The quality of inks and how UV resistant they are is an open question and one won't be able to tell for a few years.

I don't think you will find a more accurate looking decal anywhere for now.
    Black 1983 P Type 5 Spd, Cloth Interior, BBK,HRE 17" Wheels, HKS Exhaust
    White 1984 P Type Auto, Leather Interior, Sunroof, Digital Dash

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Has anyone tried a silver/white decal on a black hatch and has decent pics? I'm tempted to throw one on my cf hatch, but i can never find good pics :P
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

Okay, I've got to be the one to ask a dumb question, so here goes:

Isn't a white decal the stock colour on factory black cars?

https://petrolicious.com/articles/th...volved-quickly

Apparently this is a Toyota OEM decal according to the restoration article.

While the carbon fibre may show a little differently, it should be pretty similar!

Dale
    Black 1983 P Type 5 Spd, Cloth Interior, BBK,HRE 17" Wheels, HKS Exhaust
    White 1984 P Type Auto, Leather Interior, Sunroof, Digital Dash

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Super Silver, SDR, and Light Blue were Black decals. All others were (light) Grey from Toyota.

CelicaSupra.com Member tfphoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Has anyone tried a silver/white decal on a black hatch and has decent pics? I'm tempted to throw one on my cf hatch, but i can never find good pics :P
    Like this fellas? https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...=1#post1174289
    Andrew C. - 1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-type 2.8 (5M-GE) 5-spd
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content // Hidden Content // Hidden Content // Hidden Content // Hidden Content // Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by supraz View Post
    I just purchased a TOR Parts hatch sticker about a month ago and while I haven't applied it yet, a quick comparison shows that it's a very close match.
    I would love to see a picture of that if possible. Even though I cut a solid repro vinyl myself I would ultimately like to go with a clear backed. It's good to hear a positive review of the TOR banner.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content // Hidden Content // Hidden Content // Hidden Content // Hidden Content // Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by tfphoenix View Post
    Man how did i forget this? I'm literally the last one to comment in there. I'm not used to being up so early, dang ole time zones and travel man.
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    I'm literally the last one to comment in there.
    I saw that but I was gonna let it slide lol. I got your back.

Quote Originally Posted by THoover43 View Post
    If you could send me the vector file
    I will (eventually) post it for everyone and just make it open source so to speak. It was a couple years back that I made the vector and used it to make a banner so I am going to dig up the files and Gamble is going to use his OE hatch to help me verify some measurements before I release it. For a preview, the banner replacement link in my sig will show you how it comes out when die cut.
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    TFphoenix, I just reviewed your prior threads, and wow, great work! Looks like you really applied yourself to getting it right!!

I saw gamble's offer to measure his letters off his hatch. If you need any back-up measurements, please let me know, as I can still see the outline of my originals.

Dang, I wish I had known about the pinstriping removal wheel you used in the other thread .... . I ended up using a razor blade and made quite a few gouges At least I'm repainting it, but that wheel would have saved a LOT of elbow grease!

CelicaSupra.com Member Atl_Racer's Avatar
    Gamble I have the silver reflective one on mine. Looks good too!
    Tommy
    86 HKS powered 6MGTE

Thread Information