Can you fit a bike in the trunk of an mk2 Supra? (Bicycle) - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Wile, you can either put 1 or both seats down if needed...to fit a bike...I would buy a dog protector blanket for the hatch carpeting...

Buy a Mk2 you wont ever regret it!!
    Good looking out, I have done minor damage on a 4runner carpet, because I didn't put a blanket underneath the bikes. Appreciate the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I've fitted 4 bikes, 4 people and their weekend bags in my MKII. Two bikes on roof rack and two bikes in trunk. It only takes 5 seconds to remove and re-install rear wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
    in the trunk of an mk2 Supra?
    Are you one of those guys that says emkay instead of Mark 2 when you read mk2 Supra?

Just curious. It seems like more and more of the younger crowd in recent years have been pronouncing it emkay. I still cringe when I hear it.
    Dave Harrison

current lineup and year acquired:

'85 white Mark2 7mgte 5sp 1988
    '85 white Mark2 7mgte Auto 2009
    '84 maroon Mark2 6mge 5sp 2013
    '86 red Mark2 7mgte 5sp 2016
    '85 black Mark2 6m Frankenmotor 5sp 2017

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dannoxyz View Post
    I've fitted 4 bikes, 4 people and their weekend bags in my MKII. Two bikes on roof rack and two bikes in trunk. It only takes 5 seconds to remove and re-install rear wheel.
    Great stuff thanks for the info. Won't be putting a roof rack on the car, but that is good to know. Removing the rear wheel of the bike every time, would be a deal-breaker for me. Yet the car is large enough, to fit at least one bike with the front wheel off though, so good news.

Quote Originally Posted by 4SFED View Post
    Are you one of those guys that says emkay instead of Mark 2 when you read mk2 Supra?

Just curious. It seems like more and more of the younger crowd in recent years have been pronouncing it emkay. I still cringe when I hear it.
    Lol the thought has crossed my mind, in the past, to call it "Emkay" instead of "Mark". But I always knew "Mark" was the right term. It is probably used as an easy abbreviation while typing text.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Although my road bike fits easily inside it, a better idea for multiple bikes or dirty bikes is a bracket near the sunshade to bolt the front forks too and let the rear tire sit on the hatch lip at the base of the window, which is shaped just right for it. The bike would sit like in this picture, but without nearly as much rack as the rear tire support isn't needed on the Supra, although a strap to keep the rear tire in place would be needed if you drove aggressively with the bike mounted:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Jan. 1982 Blue 'P' type - 6MGE intake/exhaust/17"SquareWheels, etc.
    1982 Terra Cotta 'P' type - 1UZFTE slowly progressing (high comp/low boost corner carver)
    1983 Black P - Rust Weight Reduction Mod :P +400k and in donor status
    1984 Red L - Daily Driver, well, not daily, but when I leave the Supra farm...
    Hidden Content

+lechner. Wow, that is a clever way to mount a bike rack on a sports car. Will definitely keep that in mind. Although I prefer to keep the external body pure of anything mounted onto it.

Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

CelicaSupra.com Member mutantcolors's Avatar
    That's an amazing looking little product, but damn at $300.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Amazing, Mind Blown. If those things can hold the bike, in a solid manner, that is a game-changer. My car search has been focused on hatchbacks, because you can fit a bike inside a hatch, versus most coupes. I have not looked at SC300's, 240sx coupes, and IS300's for that reason. Those are all awesome cars that cannot fit a bike inside the interior.

Thread Information