Can you fit a bike in the trunk of an mk2 Supra? (Bicycle) - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    Not sure what the big deal about removing rear-wheel is for most people. Makes for very efficient tetris-style packing of bikes into trunk. Trick is to shift into smallest-cog before removing and dropping chain onto smallest-cog when re-installing.

Quick Wheel Change video

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member mutantcolors's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
    IS300's for that reason. Those are all awesome cars that cannot fit a bike inside the interior.
    They did make the rare IS300 sportcross (hatch back), they look like a bad ass grocery getter.

People use the sea sucker mounts on the twins. There is no way to mount a roof rack on those cars without drilling holes in the roof. They work well, but at least on the twins you have to be careful because it can dent the roof. Personally I just put a hitch mount on mine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mutantcolors View Post
    They did make the rare IS300 sportcross (hatch back), they look like a bad ass grocery getter.

Well, those only came with an Auto transmission. Yuck. They are kinda ugly to me, looks like a Volvo. Thanks for the suggestion though, a bike would fit in there.

I'm certain I saw one on a Copart auction that was manual. Rare as all get out I'm sure, if I'm even recalling that correctly.

I'd get one if I were going into an IS, but you wouldn't catch me dead in a 4 door.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantcolors View Post
    I'm certain I saw one on a Copart auction that was manual. Rare as all get out I'm sure, if I'm even recalling that correctly.

I'd get one if I were going into an IS, but you wouldn't catch me dead in a 4 door.
    The regular Lexus IS300's did have 3 or 4 years of production, with Manual transmissions. But not the Sportcross version. The owner must have done a Manual swap, because all of Sportcross, came to the US, with Auto trannies. The IS300 Sportcross is a rare car in general.

Lol about 4-door cars. Why do you like coupes so much more? Most of them are cooler-looking, I give you that. The normal is300 looks great to me though. I am not a BMW guy, but the 3, 5, and 6-series from the 80s/90s were pretty sweet. Apparently the e36 m3 sedan handled better than the coupe. Also, those 90s Mercedes 190e with the 5-speed, pretty cool, (especially the Cosworth). I don't have the time and space to work on my own car though, therefore those older German cars make me nervous, (the maintenance costs).
    Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 02-08-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannoxyz View Post
    Not sure what the big deal about removing rear-wheel is for most people. Makes for very efficient tetris-style packing of bikes into trunk. Trick is to shift into smallest-cog before removing and dropping chain onto smallest-cog when re-installing.

Quick Wheel Change video
    Thanks for that. You are right. It really is not that big of a deal. I used to be pretty quick at doing it, but lost the skill over time. Since I don't change my rear tire much, anymore. It can be a irritating at times though. (Especially when you feel kinda lazy, while setting up for the trails. Or going back from them). I use the biggest tires that can fit on my mtb frame. And it still has V-brakes lol. Sometimes when I remove the wheel, the tire rubs against the brake pad, and messes up the alignment on the V-brakes. Quite annoying and time-consuming to re-calibrate them when that happens.

Right now I drive a 3rd gen 4runner. The back seats can fold forward, and then you have a 6-foot bed, in the back of the 4runner. It is big enough that I can just toss my mountain bike in there. The whole thing, with both tires on. Obviously a car is not going to have that type of space though lol.

I buy what I need, and four doors is two too many.

Since you brought up Volvo, you could catch me in one of those C30s. They are pretty sweet.

Haven't seen a Volvo I liked, since birth. And that Volvo is Front-Wheel Drive. You can have it lol.
    Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 02-09-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Not every car is perfect

Thread Information