Finally! We are getting a 1/18th Scale 84 Celica Supra! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member battleaxe's Avatar
    are these models that can be modified and changed? would be cool to make a version of my own car. also would be rad if they had the option to have the early model non wrap around lights...but i also dont know how much of a pain that would be. i assume these cant be changed as having all these options would allow it to be both L and P type and the different fronts/fenders and hatches/wing

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

It's a resin kit. Depending on your modeling skills you could make it anything you want.....
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member battleaxe's Avatar
    i wear a wig pretty good

CelicaSupra.com Member mutantcolors's Avatar
    Minor change to a 3D model the printer uses, it would be easy to print variants.

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Its not a "kit" per-say. It will come like this...

So its essentially like a premade diecast, its just that they seem to prefer to do these in resin to keep costs down (though these are still 125 UK pounds). Sure you could modify it, but you would wreck the painted finish. If you want to customize something to look like your car exactly, I would recommend picking up one of the many 1/24th plastic model kits that are available. I could recommend a few, I think I have almost all of them. But a 1/18th scale mk2, that is a hole that has been in my collection for far too long!
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

I'm fine with the 82-84 spoiler since that's what I have.

Been trying to contact these people but haven't had any luck. I guess they don't answer messages or emails.

Just sign up for the news letters or check their prelease club page from time to time. The mk2 hasn't shown up yet, but the mk4 and Starion are out now and very nice.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post
    i wear a wig pretty good
    duh.....I just "got it"!

1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Exclamation Its HEEEREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are in Preorder still! Available July 2018. You can preorder now though at a reduced rate. Would you like yours in...

BLACK
    https://www.ls-collectibles.com/en/t...-mk2-pre-order

RED
    https://www.ls-collectibles.com/en/t...2-pre-order-98

or BLUE
    https://www.ls-collectibles.com/en/t...-pre-order-100

I know, 3 flaws. One, the wheel diameter is still too big, though much improved over the prototype. I can live with this, as personally I've always believed the cars should have come with 15s anyways. And 2, they gave the red one a Terra Cotta interior, which we all know is wrong for what is obviously an 1984 model. I have already left a review citing this and pleading our case to either A) just use the grey interior from the black car since it was an option, and is the more sought after interior, or B) change the tones to the correct Maroon\brown for that year. Last, the hatch sticker bubbles over the raised section for the lock. Don't they know you have to cut out the hole for the lock when you install a new hatch sticker just like on the real car?

I'm ordering one in Black right now. My black 1:18th Autoart mk4 has a been holding a spot for this model for about 15 years now in my display case lol.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Thread Information