Announcement - Posting Images as Attachments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Announcement - Posting Images as Attachments

Hello All

Starting immediately, all users on the site will be able to attach files directly to posts, rather then needing to rely on your gallery or a 3rd party photo hosting site.

To add an attachment, follow these stesps

1. If you are starting a new thread, select the Paperclip Icon to open the "Manage Attachments" window. If you are replying to an existing thread, you will need to hit the "Go Advanced" reply to have the Paperclip Icon show up

2. Use the "Add File" button will will load the image into your manager. You can then choose to either insert your image inline with the text of your post, or keep it as a thumbnail at the bottom of your post

3. If you chose to leave your image as a thumbnail, you are done. If you chose to insert inline, the ID number of your attachment will show up in your post, along with the words [Attach] around it. Once you post, this will be where you image will load. If you need to move it around, just copy and paste the image to the desired location.

And that's it. If you have any questions, please let us know

~the Community Support Team

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    This is great you guys are enabling this! One small thing, I belive you have only enabled this for paid users, I'm not sure if that is intentional or not. I don't get the paperclip icon, at the bottom of the advanced post page I have these permissions...

Posting Permissions
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts

Now I have no problem paying annual fees for the board, in fact I did for many years when Malloy ran it, but my understanding of the current situation is you guys make your revenue mostly off the banner adds, which I have gotten used to sadly, and that the Gold\Silver\Bronze contribution thing is mostly a hold over from when the board was owned and hosted at personal cost by Malloy.

I assume we will be able to link these photos elsewhere too if they work on your php software. Is there a limit per user?
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Yes, how much storage are we allowed?
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    This is great you guys are enabling this! One small thing, I belive you have only enabled this for paid users, I'm not sure if that is intentional or not. I don't get the paperclip icon, at the bottom of the advanced post page I have these permissions...