Sony aftermarket stereos

Sony aftermarket stereos

Howdy, Just bought my first car, a black 1984 Celica Supra. It has a few small things that need to be tended to before she can hit the road again. But I'm looking into the interior stuff while I do exterior, I'm trying to keep it as 1984 as it was in 1984. As you can tell in the title this is a stereo question, I'm looking at Sony XR 900 stereo (roughly period correct). I wanted to see if the dimensions were able to fit. 178 x 50 x 150 mm (7 1/8 x 2 x 6 inches) (w/h/d) and 135 mm (5 3/8 inches) (d) in mounting dimensions. Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

This should fit just fine. This appears to be a single DIN size which will fill half the console. I have mounted a Sony XR-U330 which is slightly deeper than that.
    The only thing to watch out for is where the connectors attach at the rear. The antenna connector is quite long. The heater box/controls are right behind the upper DIN location and the clearance is tightest on the right side (as you are looking at the front of the mounted stereo). If clearance is tight you can probably space the unit out a little further than normal with spacers. Alternately you could mount the unit in the lower DIN location which has more rear clearance.

You will have to send pictures when you have it in!

Dale
    Black 1983 P Type 5 Spd, Cloth Interior, BBK,HRE 17" Wheels, HKS Exhaust
    White 1984 P Type Auto, Leather Interior, Sunroof, Digital Dash

Definitely man!

Thread Information