Coilovers from AE86 to Selica Supra - possible?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coilovers from AE86 to Selica Supra - possible?

Hi guys. I'm not sure if can make a new topic. Question: as front strut case discontinued and hard to get used one as well. May it will be bolt on coilovers with spindle from AE 86 installed to Mk2 celica supra?
    See attachment from ebay.

I open for any suggestions...
    I saw post here someone used coilovers from Honda welded to strut case for supra.
    Didn't find topic about front suspension aftermarket swap.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member killbill oddy's Avatar
    Looked in to this myself for a customer & sorry to report that AE86 spindles are smaller diameter than the Celica Supra ones.
    Once you put them side to side, you can see. Also, the bolt hole spacing for the steering arms is off centre to the middle recess under the strut ( where originals are welded in) plus a shorter distance between them.
    Our ma61 Caliper mountings, although fixed are also better than what came with the AE86. I actually used some MA61 spindles on a celica TA40 conversion as was the easiest way to get disc brakes on it.

I have a set of housings already modified to fit GC 6" sleeves I'd probably let go for $200.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMk2 View Post
    I have a set of housings already modified to fit GC 6" sleeves I'd probably let go for $200.
    U don't mind to explain wht else need so I get from u housings and wht is GC6inch sleeves (ground control brand?) Thx.
    Last edited by Mkqastester; 09-30-2018 at 08:46 PM.

CelicaSupra.com Member MrBubbles00482's Avatar
    BC makes coil overs for the MX73 cressida which shares the same front suspension as our supra. Model #C41, pretty much all options on the market for the front require welding
    1985 P-type "Elvira" Blue inside out.
    2jzge/w58 swapped

MECP advanced autotech

I see. Thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkqastester View Post
    U don't mind to explain wht else need so I get from u housings and wht is GC6inch sleeves (ground control brand?) Thx.

These are what I have.

These are the stock struts with the stock spring seat cutout with the T3 D rings welded on. I have these on my car with 350lb springs;

https://groundcontrolstore.com/colle...pra-front-pair

The sleeve is a little less than 4" in length and I think my springs are the 8" ones.

Thx man u are life saver.
    Just making sure if I get cases from u, i have to weld myself that thread from coilover kit to make it fit in cases? Screenshot_20181004-123203_1538671223137.jpg
    Ok. Just called them. Actyally I able to thread it in my strut case. Awesome.
    Thx.
    Last edited by Mkqastester; 10-04-2018 at 05:58 PM.

BC makes a good weld on coil over setup for the 85 cressida MX73. Its the sames setup as the MKII. Many people are happy running those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkqastester View Post
    Just making sure if I get cases from u, i have to weld myself that thread from coilover kit to make it fit in cases? Screenshot_20181004-123203_1538671223137.jpg
    No, they are already to go no welding needed. See the thing welded on the tube by my tape measure, the red part sits on that. Honestly you can probably use any kit provided the threaded part is the right length. The threaded sleeve doesn't really fit right on the stock spring perch since its not flat near the tube. To do it like in the picture above you cut off the stock spring perch and weld on the T3 D rings on the strut housing.

Thread Information