Tube frame JZA61 - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    i dunno the real meaning of that plenum other than its removable with a grinder and a tig welder haha
    its called J-pipe because it looks like a J and the purpose is the factory dump/resirc valve i guess, i like turbo flutter so i just remove it

with my very limited alu welding skills i managed to fab this up, this little thing is called a j-pipe delete, just a little tube between the turbo and the maf now , still keeping the factory pcv and idle controll

i testdrove the thing, and its having a little stutter and getting way to much fuel, i guess its in limp mode... probly have to hook up the check engine ligth and see if it throws any codes.. sounds like 2 step tho haha

also the its blowing smoke so i guess its time for another turbo, got hold of a refubushed and used turb for cheap

hate the stock turbo haha

chimming the wastegate hehe

days like this is the best

from my testdrive, i hit a cycling race when testdriving so had to take a brake in the woods haha

here you see the pesky cyclist

and added a wideband to see whats going on..

finally lift is ready so put it on the lift yesterday, will look at a sweaty fuel line and the thermostat house leaking a bit..
    Toyota Corolla KE20 RallyRolla, 4A-GE 150hp+ , ae86 struts, trd short stroke etc..
    Toyota Corolla KE20 Stance, 980mm of road slicks, bike carbed 2T-C
    Toyota Corolla AE86 Under full restoration
    Toyota Crown RS50 1969, going to get 5M-GE Twinturbo
    Toyota Supra MA61

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

test ride video, could only have one video in one post, my poor brother joined for the ride without a seat, just hold on the the cage haha
    as i say i need to hook up a check engine ligth, i think something is wrong with a sensor or something... cause this is limp mode and not the full "280" horses, my chaser same engine and with full interior pulls better haha

and after a testdrive i have to say that rear radiator is a dream come true! when im stationary the temp rises without a fan, but when i hit the fan i can see the needle going down, and have the temp sensor rigth after the engine so its not cheating to reading watertemp rigth after the radiator either, its sick!
    Toyota Corolla KE20 RallyRolla, 4A-GE 150hp+ , ae86 struts, trd short stroke etc..
    Toyota Corolla KE20 Stance, 980mm of road slicks, bike carbed 2T-C
    Toyota Corolla AE86 Under full restoration
    Toyota Crown RS50 1969, going to get 5M-GE Twinturbo
    Toyota Supra MA61

From what part of norway are you?

Maybe you have a chance to get in contact with David Riiber from the Underground Garage?

He is quite experienced with the 2js and old toyotas in general, maybe He can help to sort the issues out and get parts?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member yota_fanatic's Avatar
    I had all sorts of problems using the factory ecu (jzx100 auto). I wound up getting an apexi power fc and it solved all my problems.
    1984 White MKII P-Type, 2jzge
    1985 Black P-type 1jzgte vvti
    1996 sc300 2jzget

Need precision welding?

Thread Information