Tube frame JZA61 - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Yeah, I cut the edge out completely. I added some extra material on the end of the Raptor bracket to put the strength back.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member killbill oddy's Avatar
    Awesome car, Love the rear end. When i saw your rear hatch spoiler, it made me think that, for cooling maybe look towards GROUP B rallying roof spoilers that cooled the rear end. You could hide the side profile with the spoiler and would collect a lot of air.
    [IMG]https://hips.hearstapps.com/roa.h-cdn.co/assets/17/18/1280x640/landscape-1493924624-5908932612-83f5610907-o.jpg?resize=768:*[/IMG]

[IMG]https://hips.hearstapps.com/roa.h-cdn.co/assets/17/18/1280x640/landscape-1493924624-5908932612-83f5610907-o.jpg?resize=768:*[/IMG]

A mesh rear end would be quite cool between the rear lights as well LOVE Lancia 037's!

Last edited by killbill oddy; 12-11-2018 at 03:57 PM.

CelicaSupra.com Member killbill oddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBubbles00482 View Post
    I mounted the brackets down as low as I could to the very edge, I was worried about going past that. With where my car sits maxed out I'm at -1.4 roughly

Detailed pics at the bottom of this page
    https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...ld-mods/page13
    I had a look at your camber brackets, and you did get them LOOOW! Don't think you can improve on that really, so hows this for an idea... Make up some eccentric bushes. Lie these powerflex ones - For an idea...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Powerflex-R...3751234&chn=ps

Either remake the bush, or bore it out and remake some Steel sleeves with an offset hole- Like these bmw E21 Rear semi trailing arm ones. Might actually fit!? haha. My welder mate Mark has been working on his BMW E21 next to my ma61 and noticed how similar the semi trailing arms were on both cars. Might be able to grab some measurements of the outer bush tubes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172766305043&frcectupt=true

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Except he didn't go that low actually.

This is low...

Should have welded it there (that's your pic btw, before welding). Now the issue becomes when you mount it that low, the inner mount is so tight you can't run poly bushings anymore. So we placed the outer mounts where we needed them, welded, then cut off the inner mounts and reclocked them to match perfectly with the camber bolt adjusted for the center. Worked perfectly, no binding, and almost perfect correction at 2.25 inchs lower then stock. I'm going to mount mine even lower on my black 86 as I'm at 2.65inchs lower and we bottomed out at .5 deg negative camber on Deanfun's car, which is perfect, but I won't be able to manage that without going lower. Extra bonus, we ended up with a better camber curve then stock too. Less toe change even.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

haha loove the 037 myself, group b is inspirational.. but dont like the look of scoops instead of rear side windows so will try to just have the spoiler
    mounting up 100A alternator because electric everything

managed to get the supra lightwigth pulley to fit, orderd a new belt for it, 680mm, buying a turnbuckle to make adjustment

fitting my guages into the new wooden TA22 dash, faak i love theese analoge guages, propper old school vibe an soo easy to read quick

bad pics but yeah.. need a wilwood hanbrake (separat from rest of brakes, going dual calipers) to match the wilwood pedalbox

cut a E34 dash to use here, unsure if i want to cut the cage and relocate it or just relocate the brake and clutch fluid cups..? im not having them in the engine bay..

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/RDRHD09.jpg[/IMG
    yes i have two s13 rear ends..time to swap in the one with skyline stuff

rear end in, need to paint the JIC Magic coilovers/springs... that purple does not match anything

running without rear bumber, will look evil from rear

cant wait till i finish all interior and fuel system so i can paint the body everywhere and red cage/tube frames

clean up in shop and put hood back on, need to finish the hood/sthrengthen it and make some hood latches.. and paint it...
    and i feeel the car need a little something in the white front... its too white so i need something to contrast
    Toyota Corolla KE20 RallyRolla, 4A-GE 150hp+ , ae86 struts, trd short stroke etc..
    Toyota Corolla KE20 Stance, 980mm of road slicks, bike carbed 2T-C
    Toyota Corolla AE86 Under full restoration
    Toyota Crown RS50 1969, going to get 5M-GE Twinturbo
    Toyota Supra MA61

Super awesome!

But that crank pulley, that looks like one of those old undampened ones peeps were selling for awhile. You don't want that, you need a fully dampened crank pully to keep your motor together over the long haul. The only option I know of for a lighter then stock dampened one is the Fluidamper. I have one on my 6m actually, they're not bad, but super pricey.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

CelicaSupra.com Member MrBubbles00482's Avatar
    Man this thing is sick!
    1985 P-type "Elvira" Blue inside out.
    2jzge/w58 swapped

MECP advanced autotech

thanks

haha so what your saying SupraFriend is that this pulley is not good for the balance of my engine? i got my engine without the pulley and just got one on ebay haha, ill get a stock one instead then? i dont care about the weigth, but i thougth this looked good...

currently got enough to do.. welding rust in my HJ60 frame and hoping to sandblast and paint the frame this weekend, and picking up a beams and J160 for the drift 86 over xmas, and the road 86 needs inspection to stay road legal.. hard to chose what to use money and time on haha

"new" tires for my curiser.. not cheap

want this thing to be bullet proof when done, its got ARB air lockers, OME heavy duty springs and shocks, stock winch with a axle from the gearbox powering it, 4 liter diesel going turbo, bodylift and now its got 38,5x15-15 boggers
    Toyota Corolla KE20 RallyRolla, 4A-GE 150hp+ , ae86 struts, trd short stroke etc..
    Toyota Supra MA61

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Here's a quick summary of undamped crank pulley and why they aren't ideal.

http://www.atiracing.com/products/da...mper_dinan.htm

Small edit, this quote cracks me up
    "We feel our customers expect ultra high performance along with the legendary comfort and reliability of a standard BMW."

haha, ill try to find a fluiddamper then thanks alot! this is what forums are for! never even heard of those things haha

not much progress but test fitting windscreen and out for a photoshoot in the sun

trying to figure out a nice axhaust not sure this if is it..
    Toyota Supra MA61

Thread Information