Project “Silver Bullet” — Part 3 - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by racerxj220 View Post
    Now if you could only convince Joel to make a bolt in rear subframe and diff package that will hold 1000+whp for around the same price as the transmission and kit, I'd be all over it...
    Plus factor in the 8 point cage necessary to keep the frame from twisting into bits, and all the supporting mods to the front susp and brakes lol

supraholic, thanks for posting all of this! Very nice to have a number for this. At least we have options that aren't $10k v160s now if one wants to move away from the r154.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    Plus factor in the 8 point cage necessary to keep the frame from twisting into bits, and all the supporting mods to the front susp and brakes lol.
    Could we count you in on a swap kit?

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Nah I have my own solution already, but I'm not doing it to handle 1000hp. I'm doing it just because the stock rear IRS is crap and I want a design that wasn't shit in the 80s even lol.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

My God! You guys are brilliant! Thank you Supraholic for going through this detailed documentation of your tranny swap. A couple of years ago I thought it'd be great to do a JZ swap but was concerned about the transmission issue. This build certainly put that to rest. I am itching to see another video of you driving your MKII (positively gorgeous by the way). I am curious about that rear subframe idea. Are there any more takers?
    Last edited by TwoTiminTwoTone; 04-30-2019 at 03:52 AM.

Thread Information