Techno Toy Tuning item BF sale - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    Rear Coils require some shock tower reinforcement don't they?

I'm personally not comfortable with my welding level to weld my own front coilovers. I'll be doing the rear camber mod eventually but that's a different ballgame I feel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Hmmm interesting. The reduced weight of the new arms is a nice feature, the ma6 ones are definitely heavier then stock. Curious how much the geometry varies from those too. Their standard arms are pretty good, but even the furtherest out hole on those is about all you would want for a streetable ma6x.

Super stoked about their new Big Brake Kit! You guys are on crack. Yes rotor size is almost exactly the same as the z32 rotors, but the pedestrian MPV calipers are bleh and way heavier then these sexy monoblocks! Also, pad selection! I'll take pad selection for race calipers over minivan calipers any day. And the z32 rotors are designed as over hub rotors so they are SUPER heavy compared to the stock setup. This T3 kit is probably about the same as stock. Would like to know if the caliper adapters are Billet Steel or Aluminum though. Anyways, if I hadn't already figure out an NSX rotor with z32 Caliper combo that pretty much nets exactly the same rotor size and placement as this kit and similar 15 inch wheel compatibility, I would have been all over this. This is a fantastic off the shelf option for anyone with similar priorities to myself. Its also made to appeal to peeps with smaller Toys that have adapted ma6 strut casings. Man, I've recycled so many of those over the years, I bet they are going to mega shoot up in value now.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Texas, it isn't actually the welding that's the tricky part with the front coil overs, its cutting the tubes down so they are perfectly square that's really hard. Next time I do a set, I think I will take the casings to a shop with a proper metal reciprocating saw. My stupid chop saw is fine for exhaust work, but it doesn't cut things square enough to shorten strut tubes nicely. There are some other intricacies with setting up the sleeves and such nicely too of course. Getting T3 to do it isn't a bad idea, their completed conversion is pretty slick.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    Hmmm interesting. The reduced weight of the new arms is a nice feature, the ma6 ones are definitely heavier then stock. Curious how much the geometry varies from those too. Their standard arms are pretty good, but even the furtherest out hole on those is about all you would want for a streetable ma6x.

Super stoked about their new Big Brake Kit! You guys are on crack. Yes rotor size is almost exactly the same as the z32 rotors, but the pedestrian MPV calipers are bleh and way heavier then these sexy monoblocks! Also, pad selection! I'll take pad selection for race calipers over minivan calipers any day. And the z32 rotors are designed as over hub rotors so they are SUPER heavy compared to the stock setup. This T3 kit is probably about the same as stock. Would like to know if the caliper adapters are Billet Steel or Aluminum though. Anyways, if I hadn't already figure out an NSX rotor with z32 Caliper combo that pretty much nets exactly the same rotor size and placement as this kit and similar 15 inch wheel compatibility, I would have been all over this. This is a fantastic off the shelf option for anyone with similar priorities to myself. Its also made to appeal to peeps with smaller Toys that have adapted ma6 strut casings. Man, I've recycled so many of those over the years, I bet they are going to mega shoot up in value now.
    IIRC isn't the swap z32 Calipers and MVP rotors, not the other way around?

So these extra strut casings on my parts car are gonna be going up in value?

You're right about cutting tubes down, I don't have a manner of cutting that accurate. I guess I could take it to the local machine shop but whatever.

Shipping two casings from VA to CA, 23 pounds give or take, $62 at UPS

I'm not really sure why most people would need to even cut the struts down. I have mine uncut and there is tons of room to bury the tire inside the flare

CelicaSupra.com Member Zerodrag's Avatar
    The T3 BBK would have been a lot cheaper if they went with a single piece rotor. They offer a kit for the 1st gen MK2 that uses one piece and the cost is a lot more manageable.

Aaron, you run 17s and are probably lowered like an inch. Once you loose 2+ inchs from a more extreme lower job, you absolutely need the travel back to keep off the bumpstops.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

CelicaSupra.com Member
    A little late for the black friday sale, but just if anyone else was looking at the coilovers. They say you have to ship your strut casings in for the conversion, but what isn't mentioned is that there is a built-in core charge. So when your struts get there, they refund you $100.

Of course it cost me like $60 to ship it there, so I only save $40, but if you live closer you'd save a bit more. Just some food for thought when you're pricing it out.

CelicaSupra.com Member Zerodrag's Avatar
    T3 Black Friday is currently back on in case anyone was interested in any items.

"Our 2019 Black Friday Sale is now live!

Save 20% off of your order at technotoytuning.com with coupon code SECRETWEAPON

This years Black Friday Sale will run through December 2nd so take advantage of the huge discount now!"

I'm just gonna say that last year the delays were huge, so don't buy expecting fast turnaround. They may be faster this year, who knows. They still took care of me in the end of course, great company to deal with.
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

Thread Information