84 in good shape at Budget U Pull it in Winter Garden,FL - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All, I texted my friend who is friends with the owner of the junk yard and he said he would reach out. I'll follow up tomorrow morning to push for a meeting. I think I can do better at convincing in person that the car be rescued either for sale as a whole or that it be taken apart carefully and not allow folks to hack it up. I do have the space for all removable parts storage but don't have the cash flow to handle it all. I didn't make it there today as apparently the extended family had set up plans and I didn't know about it till this am. So just got home. I did text a mechanic friend who's off work the rest of this week to go in my place tomorrow for a parts run but will see if I can get through to the owner as the more I think of it, finding out the true title status or working a deal for the whole car may be a higher priority.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Please don't shoot the messenger...I made my way out to the yard this morning and I'm sad to say it is pretty much gone. Seems people were ready when they opened this morning to gut the thing. I missed my chance at what looked to be a damn near pristine bumper cover by a few hours. Engine is gone, front seats, each door glass along with motors. Hood was off but looked to be in decent shape. Sunroof motor and track were removed. Backseat and hatch with glass were still there. All wheels and tires gone. Just about all parts of the/including the dash are gone. It didn't look like the some of the deeper internals behind the dash were picked clean so if someone is looking for a heater core you may find one in good shape. It looked to me that most of the plastics around the car were gone or busted. Fenders were still there with no flares or molding, what was there seemed in decent shape. Trans was gone but it looked like the drive shaft was still there. I couldn't tell you if it was a P or L type so I'm not sure what differential is still sitting there. It was a bit said seeing it in that condition but all we can hope for is that the parts find a nice home. Wish I had better news to report, also wanted to mention the dude that made this post, thank you for giving us all a heads up!!!

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    Wish I had realized it was this close to me. I need the hood and hatch, and body moldings etc...
    william
    Black 84 7mgte/R154, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Blue 85 Beater. TRD Header, HKS Exhaust, custom 3in intake pipe, cone filter
    Black 86 Triple Weber 6m Eventually
    Rusty 85 Frankenstein 6M/w58 with DIYPNP

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 7suprasowner View Post
    All, I texted my friend who is friends with the owner of the junk yard and he said he would reach out. I'll follow up tomorrow morning to push for a meeting. I think I can do better at convincing in person that the car be rescued either for sale as a whole or that it be taken apart carefully and not allow folks to hack it up. I do have the space for all removable parts storage but don't have the cash flow to handle it all. I didn't make it there today as apparently the extended family had set up plans and I didn't know about it till this am. So just got home. I did text a mechanic friend who's off work the rest of this week to go in my place tomorrow for a parts run but will see if I can get through to the owner as the more I think of it, finding out the true title status or working a deal for the whole car may be a higher priority.
    lmk what he says. I need the hood, hatch, and body mouldings, rockers if they are decent, etc... Doors as well if they are rust free. Can he give a price for all of it?
    william

My mechanic friend went there today and says the fenders and mirrors are gone. The louvers were siliconed on and so he believes they would shatter coming off. He said the hatch was still there but I didn't see William''s post till afterwards to ask about the hood. Sorry for the late post. Ive been out under the wife''s van all evening as the wheel bearing failed fast. I'll try to get off work a little early tomorrow and go myself. The hatch looked near perfect but the 84 wing was rougher than any of my old cars. I have a light blue 85 hatch with approx 1 in rust spots at the drain holes that is available also. I have a steel front strut bar I bought on a group buy throught here backing the early 2000''s that has never been installed. It has 2 extra holes but otherwise is in good shape. I'll get those posted soon.

There is a guy on FB that seems to have grabbed most of the stuff, including the engine and trans. Price gouging in my opinion, especially on the engine since he doesn't even know its condition, or if it even runs. A 34k mile car, with a mint body is in the junk yard for a reason. Something is wrong with it, likely the engine. Pieces were removed from it in the pics as if someone started to work on it. He is asking $900 for the engine. I passed on them when they were $200 with 90 day warranty.
    william

I just called over to BudgetUPI and apparently I was wrong! They have ditched their 2x pricing and so the front row is just a "high focus" area now. I will go back and edit my previous posts so as not to mislead. They do not discount for multiple item purchases so just search for the items needed on their website and total it up. I'm going to try and skip out of work at 3 EST so please send any needs you have by 4:30 at the latest and I'll see if I can get the items before they close at 5. I'm not charging anything for my labor so it's just parts pricing plus packaging/shipping costs for you. These cars are to rare to be price gouging in my opinion. We need to stick together.

Quote Originally Posted by williamb82 View Post
    There is a guy on FB that seems to have grabbed most of the stuff, including the engine and trans. Price gouging in my opinion, especially on the engine since he doesn't even know its condition, or if it even runs. A 34k mile car, with a mint body is in the junk yard for a reason. Something is wrong with it, likely the engine. Pieces were removed from it in the pics as if someone started to work on it. He is asking $900 for the engine. I passed on them when they were $200 with 90 day warranty.
    Yeah. When I had found out about the car, the day after they bought it, I was quoted $30 on mirrors, $18 for dashboard and $6 for exterior door handles. Not that I could drive the 3+ hours up there, but THEIR prices seemed to be pretty decent. So yeah I don't understand the $900 price on the engine/trans as we have no idea why the car was brought to the yard in the first place.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    -shirts, stickers, posters & more!-
    Hidden Content
    -more shirt styles, magnets, wallets, mugs and more!-

1985 P-type 5 speed
    6MGE
    10 years strong 4-20-08
    1984 L-type Auto - Bone stock & broken Hidden Content
    acquired 6/17

I didnt realize it was that close to me. I was off all last week and could have gone and gotten a LOT of stuff. Hood, hatch, doors, trans, diff, control arms, body mouldings, rockers, etc....
    william

Quote Originally Posted by williamb82 View Post
    I didnt realize it was that close to me. I was off all last week and could have gone and gotten a LOT of stuff. Hood, hatch, doors, trans, diff, control arms, body mouldings, rockers, etc....
    I'm leaving work now. I should be there by 4:40 Let me know what you want me to pull.

Thread Information