Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1984 supra engine swap 2jzgte vvti auto

24K views 128 replies 17 participants last post by  wagzilla 
#1 ·
Hi guys So this will be my build thread!

1984 Toyota supra automatic, motor was locked up.
new motor to me 2jzgte vvti

change color on sparkplug cover

so its a start right

James

See less See more
#44 ·
So it's snowing !! so looking at different brake setups BBk and I found some kick ass looking Brembo's Hyundai Genesis coupe 2010 to 2016 orange

trying to find information on them right now. What do you guy's think??

thanks James

#52 ·
So I went on the Brembo web site and looked up the spec's and It will not work, Hyundai rotor thickness 26mm and the 350z rotor thickness is 30mm, and the rotors 340mmfor the Hyundai and for the 350z are 320mm. so oh well I just really thought these where in great shape, most of the ones I see in the junkyard are in bad shape. Maybe I should just do the Wilwood kit.

james

#45 ·
Anything Brembo is excellent.

#47 ·
It does dampen. The ATi uses an o-ring to dampen. Silicone has a wider range. Both have been field tested.

All rubber dampers are service parts. The difference is the M types were made to not fall apart, but the rubber gets hard as a rock eventually. 7M ones have been known to slip, too.

#48 ·
The difference is the JZ damper is like a 1/4" wide vs the 7M which is like 3" across. The ATI one is the one to use for the Mk2 since its smaller in diameter and doesn't have the big diameter section on it so it doesn't hit the sway bar. I think under driving the PS pump in these cars is also a side benefit. The only thing that sucks on the ATI is the timing marks are on the front...

#49 ·
Does any aftermarket bar fit the stock JZ pulley, or is ATi required for a JZ swap?

I've seen quite a few JZ swaps, but if they all use ATi, then okay.

My engine sits different, and I haven't had any issue with the stock bar.

#50 ·
Yeah you just jack the nose of the engine up and inch and half or so and mount it at an angle, but that is a hack IMO. That last thing you want to do is have a 600 lb mass up high in the car.

#51 ·
Mine is just sitting forward a bit, level with the floor with my 27.5 tall rear tires.

I've never had any problems, but I just like to go fast. Handles fine. I'm not sure if it's really a big deal for me. If you're trying to build a scca car, okay.

#57 ·
It really just comes down to how much money do you have, do you have good junk yards around you and can you fab something up that is safe.

I can build it for half the cost most of the time

James

#65 ·
You are so close to being done and you can drive it, nice job. I have no idea how long this is going to take. I know I make it harder then it needs to be and that will be why you will be driving yours soon and I won't.

James

#67 ·
I waited eight months for camshafts.

#74 ·
I'm just not too happy hearing about BC centerline's being different on cams in the past, but Dave at Headgames is friends with Brian, and has vouched for him. I went with Kelford anyway. Kelford is in New Zealand, BTW.

My intake manifold is from Australia, my Transmission is from Finland, engine from Japan, Canadian Axles, cali diff, etc.

I've never been a fan of reground cams, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Can't go wrong with any brand of came, today. They are all good quality. Vvti, I'd look at GSC, but stock is a winner with driveability.

#76 ·
So I have here 3 different calipers I have a few different projects I'm working on at the same time

this will fit inside a 17" wheel

you can see the orange one is smaller, witch will work better for me. I received my 5 lug front hubs
yesterday in the mail. I'm still looking for my rear crown hubs from a crown from my friends in Australia

James

#78 · (Edited)
I have 3 boxes of parts that went up to get powder coated about 50 pieces, still looking for my Toyota crown ms 123 rear hubs, no luck yet? My full time job is always fixing everyone else's vehicle's and when I'm done with that then I get to work on mine.

I did buy a connex to clean out my garage a little bit.

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.