Keep it stock or...... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by '82supra View Post
    I bought a set of these seat covers for my leather interior...will require some mod and tuck around the headrests.
    Did they actually look like stock? Any pics?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I have a 1982L type with leather interior. I had an upholsterer redo the front seats shifting boot and center console. We found a leather that was a pretty close match and he put it back to stock. The bill was $1250. Of all the things I’ve done to this car, this made the most dramatic improvement. I also am going through a dilemma as to whether to keep it stock or mod it. Because my car has all the pieces, and due to everybody else’s opinion, I have decided to keep it Stock. Converting the air conditioner to R134 has cost me 1500 bucks, so I think I have spent enough.

Very nice, Jolene!
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    On my car one door had a tear in the bolster just below the window and the other had a tear in the armrest. I removed the cards and took them apart, gave the bolsters and armrests to an auto upholsterer who does classic and collector cars. He recovered all the parts in a naugahyde with a grain the closely resembled the original. Only difference was that it has a thin foam backing. Came out very nice, but someone looking closely would be able to spot the difference. I'm not looking to win any shows, so it does not bother me. A good shop could probably come up with a material that would be so close as to satisfy you, and look brand new. Good luck.

CelicaSupra.com Member '82supra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grzube View Post
    Did they actually look like stock? Any pics?
    The seat covers looked something like this

The delivery was returned to sender due to a backup at border services so I never received the covers, but have since purchased a fan-cooler/heater seat cover which works great on leather (highly recommended - protects leather & prevents moisture on butt)
    Hidden Content
    DreadBull

show us a pic of your interior maybe we can help if we see exactly

Thread Information