1985 Celica Supra for Sale in the UK - Swapped 4L 1UZ-FE

1985 Celica Supra for Sale in the UK - Swapped 4L 1UZ-FE

I came across this listing for sale in Hainault, United Kingdom for 13,995 or about $17,806

https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=35046

Very aggressive stance.

I assume that this is especially unusual in Europe.

Dale
    Black 1983 P Type 5 Spd, Cloth Interior, BBK,HRE 17" Wheels, HKS Exhaust
    White 1984 P Type Auto, Leather Interior, Sunroof, Digital Dash

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by supraz View Post
    I came across this listing for sale in Hainault, United Kingdom for 13,995 or about $17,806

https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=35046

Very aggressive stance.

I assume that this is especially unusual in Europe.

Dale
    It is vary hard to pass inspection in Europe, that car most be done vary well, we Have it here in the U.S.A. vary easy, nice job !!

James
    if you have a bitch, have a fix, or don't bitch?

CelicaSupra.com Member mutantcolors's Avatar
    I saw that car in passing somewhere, like vintage Toyota Pinterest feed or something a couple weeks back. I wanna say it's turbo as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

That's a darn good looking car.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I've seen this car come up for sale quite a few times in the last couple of years. Seems nobody wants to actually own it...
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content
    "Dragon" - 1986 White P-Type (UK model), 5M-GE, manual, digital dash, cone air filter & stainless-steel exhaust, 176HP, Beloved DD
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gargravarr View Post
    I've seen this car come up for sale quite a few times in the last couple of years. Seems nobody wants to actually own it...
    As Wagzilla says, I imagine that it would be difficult to get it through MoT inspections. Is that true, or is that a misconception we have of English rules and regulations?

One can always be fooled by a fresh paint job, but the body looks like it's in good shape. The hood (bonnet?) insulator looks original and that is one of the first things that falls apart. It appears to have the typical chalky deposits, but otherwise looks perfect.

With the relative rarity of the Mark II in England, I would have thought with a 4L V8 putting out 191 kW (256 hp; 260 PS) normally aspirated it would be considered a pretty exotic car, especially given the asking price.

Or is it just a case of people not knowing what it is?

Dale
    Black 1983 P Type 5 Spd, Cloth Interior, BBK,HRE 17" Wheels, HKS Exhaust
    White 1984 P Type Auto, Leather Interior, Sunroof, Digital Dash

CelicaSupra.com Member killbill oddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supraz View Post
    As Wagzilla says, I imagine that it would be difficult to get it through MoT inspections. Is that true, or is that a misconception we have of English rules and regulations?

One can always be fooled by a fresh paint job, but the body looks like it's in good shape. The hood (bonnet?) insulator looks original and that is one of the first things that falls apart. It appears to have the typical chalky deposits, but otherwise looks perfect.

With the relative rarity of the Mark II in England, I would have thought with a 4L V8 putting out 191 kW (256 hp; 260 PS) normally aspirated it would be considered a pretty exotic car, especially given the asking price.

Or is it just a case of people not knowing what it is?

Dale
    I did the Brembo Big brake kit for this car.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/shired...57681291143696

[IMG]s-l1600 by neil walker, on Flickr[/IMG]

The guy who owned it was a lovely Sikh chap and it had a full body resto and paint. Was a really sorted car - link standalone ECU and all the niggles worked out on it. When he picked up the brake kit from the workshop, he threw me the keys and said "go have fun"

Went and drove it around all the best bits of road by me, and loved every second of it- Mine was off the road at that point and jumping in the 1UZ was awesome. Didn't like the wide 17" wheels though. Just felt cumbersome and heavy - and that's with one of the lightest V8's ever made over a anchor iron L6! They feel best on 15" i think. The coilover set up was really nice on it, and the diff was tight, so will be a good fun summer car. Stoked i got to drive it really

There are only about 40 MA61's still registered in the UK nowA split of manual and auto. There must be about a hundred sorn i'd imagine (Sorn is ' Statutory off road Notification

CelicaSupra.com Member mutantcolors's Avatar
    You just made me so happy I stayed with 15's.

Also jealous that you got to drive that beaut.

Thread Information