automatic blues - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: automatic blues

does anyone know how much rebuilding will cost... ballpark? out of vehicle and delivered... or what would be a fair price to pay for rebuild...and how long it could take to get it back... i have never pulled or had a auto trans. rebuilt so if anyone has some advice i thank ya in advance... with it out (trans) seems like a good time to apply some new undercoat.. i like the bedliner stuff that you apply with a roller... i have used it on other vehicles before... its a little bit more money but worth it....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Shop out of Reno NV
    https://www.drivetrain.com/automatic...missions#SUPRA

Prices are for Core 1 yr 3 yr 5yr unlimited mileage warranty
    SUPRA 83-85 4 R A43DE $400 $1485 $2393 $3230
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Wow! For there to be that much difference between a 1 year and 3 year warranty must mean they are pretty iffy in the first place. That's basically paying in advance for them to rebuild it a second time or at least covers their labor and parts.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pdupler View Post
    Wow! For there to be that much difference between a 1 year and 3 year warranty must mean they are pretty iffy in the first place. That's basically paying in advance for them to rebuild it a second time or at least covers their labor and parts.
    Exactly my thoughts, Phil!
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Go for the 1yr and drive the crap out of it!!

--billyM
    White 85P - Blue/Silver 85P
    -------------------------------
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

sorry it has been so long since i have posted to this thread but i have been searching and reading up on the a43de auto tranny thatcomes in just 2 or 3 years of the celica supras.... i was relieved to find a utube video of a person withthe same problems i had but in a different vehicle but a universal problem shared by all automatics. turns out my torque converter was shot and the output shaft splines are worn...converter is easy to find output shaft not so much...

torque converter was easy to evaluate as bad by trying to turn the inner set of races.(2races)..they should both easily turn in a clockwise rotation...but difficult or not turn counterclockwise. i wish i knew this all before taking the whole tranny apart but i got it back together and am just watching the web for parts...miss driving the dragon....been driving a honda crv...yuck.. i miss having that car that you never see another one of...and the way the mk3 and up supra guys give the thumbs up as they pass by....

Hi Rottenhalo, just an additional thought...
    I read some place within this or another Supra Mkii forum that when you feel the drivetrain jump or load-up going from reverse to a forward drive selection or vise versa that in many cases a worn or played out rear differential clutch pack would produce similar behaviors. As I understand it, there is a rear differential kit to remedy this problem which costs about $200. See link below. I also recall it being said that it's highly recommended to have a seasoned mechanic that has access to precision measuring devices perform this reconditioning in case any other hardware within is out of "Spec".

http://www.weirperformance.com/maxgriplsdkits.html

Thread Information