'85 Air Intake in pieces... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SilverMk2 and pdupler, what kind of glue or epoxy have you used.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dchein View Post
    Thx tstefan. If you are willing to part with them, Id appreciate that very much. Im learning the hard way not to pass up on parts when they might be available. Hopefully I can return the favor or pay it forward.
    thy are yours if you want them - i have no use for them and just could not bring myself to throw them away.
    if you could PM me your email and address ill box them up and ship them out.
    when i get the shipping receipt ill email you a photo, then you can paypal me the shipping cost.

Thanks
    --
    tstefan
    Hidden Content

Its been too long, and my memory is starting to fail me, but probably just the common stuff that's sold in those twin-tube dispensers at the hardware stores because that's probably what I had lying around. The only bad thing is the two parts are not the same viscosity and so its hard to squirt out the same amount despite the nifty syringe so I usually take a razor blade and separate the plungers. I tend to keep a couple of those in stock at all times tho I prefer the longer setting stuff to give myself more working time. That five minute stuff winds up congealed on the mixing board before I can get it all spread out where I want it. I once bought some larger bottles thinking that I was saving money and that it would be easier to dispense equal amounts, but I think that stuff kind of has a shelf life as if I don't use it all up in a couple of years, it seems to thicken, making it harder to dispense and mix plus it seems to take way longer to cure. So despite the drawbacks, I just buy those little syringes now so that at least I've got fresh chemistry when I need it.

They've actually got now an epoxy specially for plastics. It's probably got a little bit of acetone or something in it to kind of temporarily melt or soften the plastic and let the epoxy get a better bite. I haven't tried any yet but it seems like I recall somebody posted about it here on this forum in reference to repairing plastic parts.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Phil. I'm gonna have to rearrange my garage for some working space. Call it my Supra corner or something...

Did you ever send the intake to dchein? If not, are you still in the mood to get rid of it? Not trying to swoop in on anything, but if dchein never pulled the trigger, I have an 85 that would love to wear them.
    Thanks,
    Judd

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Yeah all sent. I did venture in to my storage area, but failed to find any up there either. Sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    --
    tstefan
    Hidden Content

Ah, no problem. Thanks for checking.
    Judd

Thread Information