2nd Cylinder rocker arm Intake Side

2nd Cylinder rocker arm Intake Side

Hello!

New to this forum and seeking some help.

My father purchased a 85 supra in December and has noticed its down on power. Low and behold the rocker arm on the second cylinder on the intake side was not on. It was just dangleing by the valve. Im not sure how we both didn't hear it.

Anyways he apparently got it out and it looks to be fine, nothing broken,

However in our attempts to put it back in without taking the cam off is being real difficult. Is this even a possibility? Does the cam have to be removed? Is there a special tool to put it back on?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mitchely3 View Post
    Hello!

New to this forum and seeking some help.

My father purchased a 85 supra in December and has noticed its down on power. Low and behold the rocker arm on the second cylinder on the intake side was not on. It was just dangleing by the valve. Im not sure how we both didn't hear it.

Anyways he apparently got it out and it looks to be fine, nothing broken,

However in our attempts to put it back in without taking the cam off is being real difficult. Is this even a possibility? Does the cam have to be removed? Is there a special tool to put it back on?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Sounds like your lifter is hooped.. You should remove it and check to make sure it's in full working order and not clogged.

I have never attempted to put the rocker arms in after, but who knows there could be a method for that.

Thread Information