Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

OEM Replacement Ball Joints eBay

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  kris_houan 
#1 ·
#3 ·
You beat me to it. Looked at it, was going to add to cart, put my phone down to get a drink of water.. and gone! Damnnit lol

#4 ·
Rick, Copy Sir!!

#5 ·
Rick, Let me know if you need any (more) R12 as I have a number of extra cans in the garage...as well as oil conditioner...

#6 ·
Hey Arch,

I had never heard of RareParts.com

Do they have a good reputation?

https://shop.rareparts.com/RP10734-...ation=FRONT LEFT LOWER&veh=1984-TOYOTA-CELICA
Web site indicates this is for a Celica and Supra

https://shop.rareparts.com/RP10805-...tion=FRONT RIGHT LOWER&veh=1984-TOYOTA-CELICA
Web site indicates this is for a Celica

This brings up the age old question: are Celica and Celica-Supra lower front control arms the same? I have been through old posts and several indicate that the mounting hole locations for the strut rods are in a different location.

This site shows that these parts are compatible with Celica Supra, but if you look closely at one of their pictures, you will see the part number decal that indicates 48068-19105 which is the Toyota Part Number for a Celica RH lower control arm.

Does anyone know for sure if these parts fit our cars?

Dale

#8 ·
The front lower control arms are not the same for the celica and celica supra. I made the mistake of ordering a complete lower control arm with ball joints from rockauto and a lot of the supra parts are listed under celica - > 2.8L L6. Well come to find out the ball joints sent to me were too small and the control arm didn't fit right and they were actually for the celica. So definitely double check the parts you order. I recommend a visual inspection from a local auto parts store.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Dale no experience with that website...IMO on the kinda pricey side...you can find lower arms on eBay but have to be very careful about proper fitment

You can also check on Toyodiy.com for part crossover for RA and MAs....

#9 ·
****** Great info Thanks!!

#11 ·
I missed seeing your reply until now.
Did you buy from Rockauto.com or from rareparts.com?
Were the parts you bought correct?

Dale

#12 ·
Looking for a set of ball joints for my '85 "P" Type if anyone has a set or knows of a reliable source. TIA.

Ken.

#14 ·
Can you tell me which MOOG ball joints you have? On eBay, the following MOOG part numbers are listed for my '85 "P" Type, although I do not think Toyota's ball joint design changed over the years:

Y921GX
K9085
YP38D5
K9085

TIA,

Ken.

#16 ·
Celica balljoints are smaller, even the shanks are a smaller diameter.

Curious where the current supply of Moog and other aftermarket balljoints is at. We've had many cases of the AM ones being a touch too small in diameter to press back into the arm.

#18 ·
Celica balljoints are smaller, even the shanks are a smaller diameter.

Curious where the current supply of Moog and other aftermarket balljoints is at. We've had many cases of the AM ones being a touch too small in diameter to press back into the arm.
Im pretty sure these aren't Celica balljoints. It's just on rockauto you have to choose Celica then 2.8l (Supra motor) instead of choosing the actual Celica Supra model for some reason, can anyone chime in to confirm?

#17 ·
I had nothing but issues with joints being too small, coming loose in the arm, etc.

I ended up going with GTX2 lower control arms from T3, nice and tight. Not cheap though.

#19 ·
Well you bought em, put a mic on them and check and let us know. I've bought more then a couple things just as you did via rock auto and ended up with the celica version. And not once yet has it been economical enough to bother returning them lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.