Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

85 hood and passenger fender needed

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  toysbyac 
#1 · (Edited)
Title says it all. I need these 2 items plus a few smaller items associated with them. Passenger side P type with the flare for 85.

#2 ·
Hi , I'll have a hood & fenderin excellent... but the problem is Shipping price for anything outside of Canada ..is beyond Stupid....

I swear it's getting close to the point where it's almost cheaper for me to DRIVE 500 miles & deliver stuff personally. The gas I would spend doing it....would be LESS ... than what the Shipping charges are... especially with stuff that has to be crated.

So Ur best to find someone closer to you.

Besides the value of the part itself.... there's a lot of my time involved in designing & making the crates...

So for large bulky parts you're better off find something closer to U .

If somehow down the line...U don't find stuff Ur happy with... PM me.... but if I spend good 4 hours (in total) taking pics...taking measurements...weighing stuff.... designing & making a protective crate... the $$ for wood & stuff to make the crate... plus the monthly Storage fees that allow me to keep 30 yr old parts in such great condition... plus the time taken to carefully take the parts off in the 1st place..it's only fair that I be compensated for my time...

So there's 3 components...A) the Value of a 30 yr old part itself B) my time involved & C(the Killer) ,,, Outrageous shipping charges...

I set reasonable prices for something... but know the value of (especially Obsolete parts) ..but if somehow U are willing to pay the realistic price that the above 3 factors add up to be.. LMK...

Cheers,

#3 ·
Look on car-part.com to see if there are any near you. You might want to specify what fender you want since there are a few different types.

#7 ·
Yeah PM received & responded ... I have about 3 extra Hoods.... so I can afford to sell (or do some kind of trade if anyone has any CT26 Turbo parts) ... a couple.

Why I PREFER trades if it can be arranged.... is that if I do a TRADE.... then NO $$ are CHANGING HANDS ...so I don't have to pay any Duty when I am coming back ...as I didn't "BUY" anything.

The other thing is in general I have more parts than I'll ever need in my LIFETIME .... so there's very few (regular) items I'm looking to buy....

Cheers,

#8 ·
I have everything except the Fogs & turn lenses... those I want to keep as spares for myself.....

Cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.