86v12supra - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 86v12supra

CelicaSupra.com Member mutantcolors's Avatar
    They just posted dyno pulls yesterday with the TT V12 Land Cruiser on the build video I posted early on. Hit like 700 nm which is right at 525 ft lbs, it had well over 300 from the very bottom. I guess 5 liters over 12 cylinders might move stuff around okay...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member CarFreek's Avatar
    Alright, almost 2 months gone and both much and little has happened. First off, all the transmission clutch drivelines issues are sorted. It took another new concentric slave / bearing as I had damaged the old one. Most of the steering issues are gone, it took new shaft u joints, a new coupling, and going back to stock rack location instead of offset. To facilitate all this, I bit the bullet and had an exhaust shop put in a new bend where steering passes through. Exhaust has been revised with 24 inch glasspacks instead of the 18" I started with. Completely relocated radiator, and all nypass/heater core hose routing. New air filter setup, new wideband knock sensors, revised throttle cable, revised wiring, etc. Got the car able to drive farther than shop parking lot just before PacNw SupraNationals, but had to put water in it every 10 miles...fixed that and have put 500 plus miles on it since. Had a local tuner begin tuning process this week. New fuel map, new ignition curve, and some other tweaking, car is just lights out now. Found some more issues to sort before we can finish tune, having to do with cylinder bank airflow balancing, but difference is notable.
    86 SDR-"Shuttlecraft" 16" Drag dr-27 wheels, T3Coilover front, Camber Mod/Cut Springs rear, Poly Bushings all around, Whiteline sway bars, 13" bbk front, and 12" bbk rear, 1gz-fe V12 swap. 84 blue two tone 1uz swap. Whitelines and dobinsons and advanced iron oxide mass reduction.

[/URL] [/IMG]Picture from Nationals..[IMG][/IMG]OG s with Stephanie[IMG][/IMG]At the LeMay museum tuner show.
    Last edited by CarFreek; 08-22-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    86 SDR-"Shuttlecraft" 16" Drag dr-27 wheels, T3Coilover front, Camber Mod/Cut Springs rear, Poly Bushings all around, Whiteline sway bars, 13" bbk front, and 12" bbk rear, 1gz-fe V12 swap. 84 blue two tone 1uz swap. Whitelines and dobinsons and advanced iron oxide mass reduction.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I see Junkie.
    Did I miss a meet and greet somewhere?
    It wasn't posted.
    OK,it was posted AFTER the event.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Brian's open house, not really a supra meet...

Lake Steven's Brian. SSSUPRA.
    I could have caused police presence with my R/C truck.
    Last edited by ddd228; 08-23-2019 at 07:42 PM. Reason: ....
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Wow thats a lot of progress! Sounds like you should have this thing nice and reliable for a long distance trip for next year
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member mutantcolors's Avatar
    Still, I can't imagine what the low end torque of that thing in a 3000lb car is like, other than super (Supra) fun.

Quote Originally Posted by suprafiend View Post
    wow thats a lot of progress! Sounds like you should have this thing nice and reliable for a long distance trip for next year
    muhaha.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantcolors View Post
    Still, I can't imagine what the low end torque of that thing in a 3000lb car is like, other than super (Supra) fun.
    It's very enabling. 60 mph in any of the top 4 gears. 4th gear is a lot of fun on the open road.

Thread Information