MK1 parts car

Thread: MK1 parts car

CelicaSupra.com Member

MK1 parts car

1981 Celica Supra for parts. The rear axle is not original so to be clear it does not have the F Code 7.5" but instead it has an E Code 7.1" axle with drum brakes. The differential has been repaired and drives good. The condition of the axle is very good, clean brakes etc since the car it came from had only 80k miles on it.

The good: It runs and drives but I personally only drove it onto the trailer and into the parking lot. The gas is old so the idle is a bit rough but it starts right up. No apparent leaks from anything. The seats are in pretty good shape. The rear hatch sun cover that rolls out looks to be in very nice condition. The floor carpet is very nice, black not faded at all so it looks like a replacement but fits great.

The not so good but not so bad either: The muffler is broken at the exhaust pipe point of entry into it. The heater core is bypassed. The car was originally white or grey and had a paint job that is toast. The body is definitely repairable with no big dents and just the odd small rust spots. There is no bad rust underneath the rocker panels, frame or floor. The dashpad is toast. Besides these observations I do not know much more about the car.

Pinkslip in hand on Non-Op registration.

$700 "bring a trailer" Pick up in San Diego zip 92109. Delivery available within 180 miles of San Diego for $150 + 50 cents per mile round trip.

The site allowed only 5 pictures for upload however more are available upon request.

Please PM me here with interest and your contact number and I shall reply asap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ToyodaSup; 04-30-2019 at 10:05 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    More pictures.

selling the whole car or parts, i need a power steering pump bracket for the tensioner

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

also the cold air duct

CelicaSupra.com Member
    The whole car, no parts, sorry. I would be willing to trailer it to Tuscon if we can agree on a price for car + transport.

The side gears in the differential have been repaired and it drives good with no vibration in the rear axle assy.

This Supra is worthy of restoration. The only rust is on the sunroof and two small areas were the rear louvers were removed (not by me). The body is straight. If the old paint job is stripped than it is a great base for a good quality re-spray. The underneath is in excellent condition for the age since spending it's whole life in So Cal desert area.

More pictures available upon request.

Willing to trade for 15x8" tires and wheels, 6M head/intake, possibly other MKII parts, Snap ON tools.
    Last edited by ToyodaSup; 05-09-2019 at 07:20 PM.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Hey Sched1952, I am holding out until June 1st to sell the whole car for $700 and if I still have it I will part it out and sell the power steering parts you asked about. In the meantime however I came across a 1981 Cressida with a 5M that looks to be the same power steering set up. Take a look at the pictures and if you are interested I can pull them for you.

For anyone else that is interested it parts in the event the car is not sold by June 1st please list your requests and I will give priority on a first basis.

David

Thread Information