1985 Supra resuscitation - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You doing anything with the faded door pink handles? Mine look the same even though the rest of the interior is almost perfect. Drives me crazy. I've tried Magic Erasers and a few interior cleaners/conditioners with minimal gains. Not sure if dye or paint is the next step as I haven't researched those much yet.
    85 P-Type, White over Burgandy Leather, bone stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Speedrye View Post
    You doing anything with the faded door pink handles? Mine look the same even though the rest of the interior is almost perfect. Drives me crazy. I've tried Magic Erasers and a few interior cleaners/conditioners with minimal gains. Not sure if dye or paint is the next step as I haven't researched those much yet.
    LMAO, ive been wondering that, the way most of the plastics have survived is pretty outstanding.....................................ex cept; the door handles, the actual switch toggle part of the cruise and rear window heater, and the tip of the right stalk, not the whole lot, just the tip, that must have taken some doing

lm going to swap out the switches as and when they come around, no idea with the handles, but i think painting some kind is probably the only option as for the stalk, i think i will leave that well alone. Before i mess with it im going to let a another Guy look at it as im thinking of having the seats dyed as the tops of the backs and sides of the fronts are pretty bleached , he might have some door handle ideas

DSCN0456.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    Looking good.

We stay at a chalet on the ski mountain in Vernon so the heat isn't so bad.
    Thanks, haven't done much in the past few days, waiting on a timing belt, tensioner, seals, pump and other goodies, so the closest im getting to driving is doing a ''Charlie Watts'', except i cannot even start it now, no thermostat LOL

Still haven't found any Bubba, but theres time. While sorting out the dead side lights i found a LED install, but to be fair, its too neat to be true Bub.

Its not the heat, that whole part of the province is a zoo in the summer and at it worst in the school holidays, but the urge to learn more about 1GZ swaps in the flesh may win.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Button each side of the cluster can be taken apart and painted. BTDT. Good result.Think I used Krylon satin black. Have not done my door handles, but since they are black, I could use same receipe. Burgandy is harder to find. For blue, SEM have a great match.
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    hmmm yes, if Mike can get his v12 road worthy in time, we might be able to lure him up our way.

Vernon is MUCH better then Kelowna for traffic and general insanity in the summer. And the road to the ski mountain is almost always near deserted.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    hmmm yes, if Mike can get his v12 road worthy in time, we might be able to lure him up our way.

Vernon is MUCH better then Kelowna for traffic and general insanity in the summer. And the road to the ski mountain is almost always near deserted.
    Silver Star Resort?

EGR Cleaning ....and other stuff

Pulled apart some of the intake and EGR systems today;

l was surprised how clean the intake was, ive only cleaned more recent engines and they have been way way worse ( 05 Hemi Jeep, 05 GX470)P_20190516_125337 (1).jpg. l cleaned both sides and the back of the intake with carb cleaner, soft brush and rags, i had a feel before hand and it wasnt much.

Some bits came in so i changed the thermostat and passenger side engine mount.

l also cleaned some of the EGR system using Driftins guide

https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...+throttle+body

l did not strip the entire system, i did the plenum channels from the top and end as per the guide, the top hole was maybe 1/4 blocked and the horizontal channel not much, it came off with carb cleaner. l replaced the cotton filters as well.

The results were impressive, the idle used to fluctuate between 700 and 900rpm and a lot, now steady as.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-su...ature=youtu.be

Next, the timing belt and the ''rest of the band'', really looking forward to the motor with a serviceable tensioner bearing.

Thread Information