Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Part ID help needed

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  drjim 
#1 ·
ls there a replacement available/part numbers for the 4 x rubber bumpers, stoppers, whatever they are called Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part
? They sit on top of screws and the end of the grey arrows.

Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
You can still get these new easily - Toyota used them on a shedload of models/years.

#7 ·
If you replace them with new Toyota ones I'd recommend you paint them after adjusting them. Mine got surface corrosion after the first time they saw water. The hack way used to be free ones off I think it was older Volvos from the junkyard?

#14 ·
From what I have seen and read,OH CRAP! You should get some help,Jim.
Remove both seats,cover with carpet/pad.Maybe the steering wheel as well.
Attack dash.....

When we replace my engine,I placed blocks of wood by the heater core nipples as to NOT break them.
Heater core replacement ranks right up there with engine replacement.
As long as you have the heater hoses off,you may consider my idea of an EASY way to burp the colling system.
I used a garden hose coupler by the firewall at the highest part of the system.Just leave it loose and it will puke out the air.
https://imgur.com/56wWIXR

YOU WILL NEED HELP with that nightmare job.

#15 ·
Oh, yeah it's a job! Done it before on other cars, and do NOT enjoy doing it.

I'll have the seats out for the carpet installation, so that means the carpet will be out. Not sure if there's any reason to save the old carpeting, but I'll keep it around until the new stuff is laid out on the floor, "just in case".

And since I'll have the dash *that far* apart, I'm considering a new A/C condenser. I HAVE to get the heater going, and while the A/C is optional here in Colorado, I'd like to get it going again. I have enough of a stash of R-12 to fill it at least twice, and will replace all the lines and receiver/drier, and get a replacement compressor. The condenser looks to be in fine shape (knock wood!), so I'm not sure if I'll replace it; depends on cost, and I haven't looked at that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.