Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Alternator upgrade for 1982-1983 mk2?

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Bperry460 
#1 ·
Unfortunately i have the double v belt. Has anyone figured out a decent solution.I need to upgrade it for the electric fans on 5mgte

#2 ·
Check out the FAQ. 93 Camry works with 84/85 plug soldered in and then read about the charge light fix.

#5 ·
I forgot to mention the need fo the 84/85 crank pulley but I was able to use the original alt. bracket in my 83 unless my memory is fading.

#4 · (Edited)
The round plug can be bough new. $12 from Drift motion I think. And follow the repining pictures in the thread. Then do the charge light mod and you are all set.

Diagram for Repinning
Charge light mod
Round Plug fom Drift Motion, just haven't found anywhere else that sells them.

#7 ·
Perhaps I used an 84/85 bracket and forgot/

#10 ·
Im going to do the pulley swap. I know i need the crank pulley the water pump pully and most likely the brackets for the 85 alt. I plan on using the 120 amp mr2 alt and yes the fuse box and wiring has already been upgraded to hold the power. Im ordering the plug for the 120 amp mr2 alt and im away of the charge light fix.is there anything else i need to do the swap? Also does anyone have pictures of there 85-86 setup?

#11 ·
Im going to do the pulley swap. I know i need the crank pulley the water pump pully and most likely the brackets for the 85 alt. I plan on using the 120 amp mr2 alt and yes the fuse box and wiring has already been upgraded to hold the power. Im ordering the plug for the 120 amp mr2 alt and im away of the charge light fix.is there anything else i need to do the swap? Also does anyone have pictures of there 85-86 setup?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.