thermistor/ auto cabin temp system

thermistor/ auto cabin temp system

The thermistor pump or whatever you call it in my armrest is ''chirping'' away at times. Questions. Can the pump/fan be serviced/repaired, is there anything to look out for before i go ''investigating'' with sharp pointy things...........

Also, what happens if i just disconnect this the armrest section of the climate control system?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

If you disconnect the sensor, the Auto climate control will not work. Either full hot, or full cold.
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    As Jocelyn says, unplug it and you'll get full hot as the climate control computer will interpret the "missing" sensor as infinitely cold. If you need a replacement in console fan assembly, send me a PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ray85p View Post
    As Jocelyn says, unplug it and you'll get full hot as the climate control computer will interpret the "missing" sensor as infinitely cold. If you need a replacement in console fan assembly, send me a PM.
    Thanks ray85p, very kind of you. lm thinking its Ok as i can change my temp.

Even if you slide the temp setpoint knob, it will blast hot air, simply because 68F is still higher than infinite cold!
    There is no manual mode on this thing!
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content

That little plastic fans bushing my be chirping due to lack of lubrication. Peel back the sticker in the center and add oil.
    Under my console there is NOT any climate control components.Maybe that is why it goes full HOT,unless I disconnect the vacuum dash pot on the firewall.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

That may be. The automatic system is using this CABIN TEMPERATURE sensor to regulate the heat / cooling. So if missing in the circuit, depending how it is designed, it will go extremme in one direction. Not too many people disconnect this one, as not directly accessible under the console. It's a 4 pin connector. 2 for sensor, 2 for fan.
    -Jocelyn,

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...aspx?S=AC&P=19

I have not OHM-checked the ambient sensor,either. On the condenser! It's plugged in,but operation unknown.
    If that shorts,full heat or NO heat,I'll assume.Same with it being disconnected.
    I should pull out the condenser,but leave that in.It probably restricts air flow to the radiator.
    My A/C compressor is gone.Lighter weight=go faster.

I really don't want to pull out my console to see what's up in there.

HEY! Where is my Canadian flag?
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Thread Information