82 5MGE Vacuum Line Diagrams "Coloring Book"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

82 5MGE Vacuum Line Diagrams "Coloring Book"

I made up these diagrams a few years back by expanding the pdf pictures in the 82 Emissions Repair Manual (located in Sowsley's sig) and tracing the various lines with colored pens to more easily figure out where everything goes (not 100% consistent with colors between diagrams).

The hard-line manifold under the intake is the same for both manual and automatic transmission cars, but not all lines are used on the automatic (so there will be some tubes with nothing connected to them).

Component Layout (page 3-3):

EGR System (pg 3-16):

Spark Control System (page 3-11):

Blowup of the vacuum manifold:

Figured I'd post this since there has been some recent discussion on the 82 vacuum lines.
    84P - Primer (faded Lt Blue Metallic) - bought March 5, 1984 83P Auto Daily Driver - Gunmetal Grey - acquired Nov 2007 - Recovered from the dead 82L White - ~44,000 miles Garage Queen Hidden Content Hidden Content (starts post 25 - can't update at present)
    [Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

That is AWESOME!
    Bad decisions make the BEST stories.

1982 Supra P-type

1982 Specific TSRM's
    Wiring Diagrams Hidden Content
    Emissions Repair Manual Hidden Content
    Air Intake System Hidden Content

Rich you never cease to amaze me! Why they aren't done like this in the first place is beyond me. Well I am sure costs are a factor, but still. I bet after doing that you don't even need the diagrams anymore, lol. Thank you for taking the time to do this and share it! I don't have an 82, but I am saving these regardless.
    Silver 85 P-type Auto. 272,000 miles on chassis
    5mge built by Chimp, Bored .30 over

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member 1982 Dragon's Avatar
    Ohhh goodie. I might have to use this if my new exhaust and plugs doesn't solve my junk idle
    -Josh

1982 Terra Cotta P-Type - Sold and missed Hidden Content
    1987 Supra, 7MGTE 432WHP (New Toy)
    1993 Celica GTS (Daily Commuter)

CelicaSupra.com Member CarFreek's Avatar
    Very cool. What else do you have hidden away in that basement of yours?
    86 SDR-"Shuttlecraft" 16" Drag dr-27 wheels, T3Coilover front, Camber Mod/Cut Springs rear, Poly Bushings all around, Whiteline sway bars, 13" bbk front, and 12" bbk rear, 1gz-fe V12 swap. 84 blue two tone 1uz swap. Whitelines and dobinsons and advanced iron oxide mass reduction.

CelicaSupra.com Member Chris Sullins(STIX)'s Avatar
    Very awesome. I'm sure this will be very useful to alot of members.. one thing for sure is I definitely dont miss having all those lines lol... I vote sticky
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

83 P'Type,5 spd,4;30 lsd, No EGR,Perfection Clutch,D port intake,Custom cold air intake,3"exhaust w/no Cat,Lots of weight savings.. Hidden Content

@Sowsley - couldn't have done it without your original posting

@Prplehze - "I bet after doing that you don't even need the diagrams anymore" Not even close. I still don't understand half of the 82 engine controls (I do electronics better than vacuum). The lines for the Manual Transmission (M/T) are still a question.

@ Carfreek This has been "hidden" in the binder (the green stripes at the edges are the binder, LOL) that I frequently take to Supra Meets, and have shared many times (nowhere as huge as The Professor's (CJSREDPRA - Chris Eng) plastic file bin of info we all miss - I have a binder, he has a bin). You are indirectly responsible for it, back from the last Portland Meet (a few months after I got the 82 in 08) and we were camping on your dad's acreage in 90-100F weather (until the thunderstorm dropped everything 20F). I and Dodgeboy were comparing vacuum line connections and we found I had hardlines that were open to atmosphere and realized I had lots of learning to do on the unique 82 vacuum lines from hell. (cough, turns out I didn't have a vacuum leak that I feared)

About that time Sowsley made available (see his sig above) pdf's of the 82 manuals (multiple manuals for the 82 for those not familiar, no one TSRM). I looked at the diagrams and still couldn't make sense of it, so I traced everything out (and who would think to look in the Emissions Repair Manual for the engine controls? I stumbled on it - though the 82 owners did have some discussion then about it). I've been sitting on this for awhile.

As for the basement, it has my wine collection (inventory in progress this week), plus a 1962 Drexel (Heritage) dining room and bedroom set that I'd like to get rid of. But in the binder (OK, paper basement)?
    - AJ's hosting of the Cruthfield stereo wiring diagram (AOL URL not found)
    - DaveA's instructions on repairing the gas tank sensor (on this forum)
    - DangerousKen's hosted 82 Maintenance Procedures (for all Toyotas, also good info for 83-5) (URL not found - this would be a good one to get hosted again)

[I also have a binder of lots of Craigslist and eBay ads, low mileage]

As for junk idle, I have issues on occasion too on the 82 when the engine is warm, no idea why. Drove it yesterday for its monthly outing and had issues.
    84P - Primer (faded Lt Blue Metallic) - bought March 5, 1984 83P Auto Daily Driver - Gunmetal Grey - acquired Nov 2007 - Recovered from the dead 82L White - ~44,000 miles Garage Queen Hidden Content Hidden Content (starts post 25 - can't update at present)
    [Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member CarFreek's Avatar
    Oh my. I am like the Kevin Bacon of NW MKIIs, Ever play the six degrees of Bacon game?
    86 SDR-"Shuttlecraft" 16" Drag dr-27 wheels, T3Coilover front, Camber Mod/Cut Springs rear, Poly Bushings all around, Whiteline sway bars, 13" bbk front, and 12" bbk rear, 1gz-fe V12 swap. 84 blue two tone 1uz swap. Whitelines and dobinsons and advanced iron oxide mass reduction.

CelicaSupra.com Member 82 Lover's Avatar
    wow amazing! im soo excited to get started on mine! WOOOOT!
    Hidden Content
    Things I need
    wideband

its 4:20

CelicaSupra.com Member EwGoetsch's Avatar
    Cool, bout to do a HG on a 82, this will help
    90 4runner w56, 1jz

87 Mazda RX7, 5MGE w58

74 Buick Electra

Thread Information