Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

thermistor/ auto cabin temp system

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ddd228 
#1 ·
The thermistor pump or whatever you call it in my armrest is ''chirping'' away at times. Questions. Can the pump/fan be serviced/repaired, is there anything to look out for before i go ''investigating'' with sharp pointy things...........

Also, what happens if i just disconnect this the armrest section of the climate control system?

Thanks

#5 ·
Even if you slide the temp setpoint knob, it will blast hot air, simply because 68F is still higher than infinite cold!
There is no manual mode on this thing!

#6 ·
That little plastic fans bushing my be chirping due to lack of lubrication. Peel back the sticker in the center and add oil.
Under my console there is NOT any climate control components.Maybe that is why it goes full HOT,unless I disconnect the vacuum dash pot on the firewall.

#7 ·
That may be. The automatic system is using this CABIN TEMPERATURE sensor to regulate the heat / cooling. So if missing in the circuit, depending how it is designed, it will go extremme in one direction. Not too many people disconnect this one, as not directly accessible under the console. It's a 4 pin connector. 2 for sensor, 2 for fan.

#8 ·
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK2/manual.aspx?S=AC&P=19

I have not OHM-checked the ambient sensor,either. On the condenser! It's plugged in,but operation unknown.
If that shorts,full heat or NO heat,I'll assume.Same with it being disconnected.
I should pull out the condenser,but leave that in.It probably restricts air flow to the radiator.
My A/C compressor is gone.Lighter weight=go faster.

I really don't want to pull out my console to see what's up in there.:32:

HEY! Where is my Canadian flag?:wtf:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.