Windshield in MN?

Windshield in MN?

Trying to find a windshield in Minnesota. I guess no-one makes a repro of this? Because I've called a few places and they can't find one at all.

If anyone has an idea as to where I can get a new one (if repro is an option at all), please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Last resort also check with your local Toyota Parts Dept.
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member aerojock's Avatar
    Its been a few years now but I got a new one from safelite.

You may want to call around, if i can get one at Speedy glass here in Northern Kanada, made by a US company they gotta be there.....or else, windshield road trip ?

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    I got mine replaced just this last winter - was told that both the antenna and non antenna versions are still available, and no reason they would not be in the future.

The glass 'part number' is FW431 or sometimes FW431 BBN. Pilkington classis also makes it as 8241.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, torrid red, black/grey leather
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works
    Coilovers, ROH wheels, 4 corner BBK, Konis, ADDCO bars, PST bushings etc. etc.

My local glass place can get one with the blue tint at the top. I am looking for an amber tint those don't exist to my knowledge.
    Terra Cotta '83 6MGE W58
    Black '86 Shell
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

Yeah I gave Safelite a call and they said they have one in stock, green tint but still, I'll take what I can get. Abra told me the same thing too, only to call three days later and say they didn't have one...

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Funkycheeze View Post
    I got mine replaced just this last winter - was told that both the antenna and non antenna versions are still available, and no reason they would not be in the future.

The glass 'part number' is FW431 or sometimes FW431 BBN. Pilkington classis also makes it as 8241.
    Last time I bought a new windshield was over ten years ago and they were hard to find then. I remember calling a bunch of glass shops before one place said they could get one shipped in from a warehouse in Saint Louis. Must've replenished, made another batch since then. But I wouldn't count on them making another after this. Not enough Supras and Celicas left in this world to justify making replacement parts that are just going to occupy warehouse space for a decade. Heck, just look what's happening to tires in sizes under 17".

But even if they wind up discontinued after the current supply runs out, we should still be able to get a windshield. I watched the process on an episode of I think it was "Wheeler Dealers". They found a shop that took the old windshield and compared it with every other modern windshield in stock, found one that was close to the same curvature but a little larger and cut it down to fit the car they were restoring. As I recall, it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't ridiculously expensive either.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    Glass for our cars is still being made - plus it is in the Pilkington Classics catalog, so we should always be able to get it. Will just be more expensive than a more 'standard' windshield.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, torrid red, black/grey leather
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works
    Coilovers, ROH wheels, 4 corner BBK, Konis, ADDCO bars, PST bushings etc. etc.

Thread Information