wtb or trade----83 ignitor

wtb or trade----83 ignitor

My Supra suddenly stopped running without warning---fortunately on a side street. 255,000 on it---not bad. I had a spare in the back and after pouring a bit of gas in the intake to narrow the problem down , I installed my used spare. I was up and running within minutes. But , I really would like another spare if anyone has one to sell or trade. When it comes to ignitors ---don't leave home without a spare.
    Email or PM if you have one.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

If you still have the plugs for the bad ignitor I could use them.
    Terra Cotta '83 6MGE W58
    Black '86 Shell
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow View Post
    If you still have the plugs for the bad ignitor I could use them.
    Sorry, I was saving them in case I had to modify a later year ignitor.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I've got a bunch of them.... What's the EXACT part #'s U need.... ??

There was a change mid 83 it seems.... some of the LATER '83 Igniters... were the same as the 84/85 ones ....while some of the EARLY 83 ones.... were of the 82 STYLE... & kinda have more of a bigger/seperate "Heat Sink"

I'll have both styles anyway...... Just want to make sure I'd be sending U the correct one.... there are two sets of numbers ...on both the coil & Heatsink sections.... 1 set r the Toyota numbers... & the other set is the Nippondenso #'s

Get back with that number & we can go from there...

Cheers,
    Dave Cod The Black Supra Man TONS of used 84/83 parts F/S

Dk Blue 84 P-type Virginia car converted to Stick,1 Stock Two tone '85 P-type also US origin), 1 to be Turbo'd at some point!!! Have a 53 ft Trailer that I've converted to a 6000 cu ft 84/85 Supra parts Warehouse....Lots of Parts F/S

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Cod View Post
    I've got a bunch of them.... What's the EXACT part #'s U need.... ??

There was a change mid 83 it seems.... some of the LATER '83 Igniters... were the same as the 84/85 ones ....while some of the EARLY 83 ones.... were of the 82 STYLE... & kinda have more of a bigger/seperate "Heat Sink"

I'll have both styles anyway...... Just want to make sure I'd be sending U the correct one.... there are two sets of numbers ...on both the coil & Heatsink sections.... 1 set r the Toyota numbers... & the other set is the Nippondenso #'s

Get back with that number & we can go from there...

Cheers,
    I will sent you a pic later today , Dave. Could you pm your email? Pretty sure mine is more like the 84 style.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    82 igniters are unique. IIRC there were numerous changes in the igniters during 83 and 84 and I'm pretty sure there was a major change sometime in late 84 or early 85 as my original 85 was built in 8/84 and had the older "failure prone" style. Also IIRC, newer replacement igniters will work back to 83 although original 83 and perhaps 84 igniters will not work in earlier cars. Also, I believe that the most recently available replacement igniters also worked in all MK III's through 92. So perhaps a spare isn't that hard to find with this info as the only ones known not to work in an 83 would be perhaps 84 originals. It looks like any later replacements including those for MK III's will work. However, an exact number replacement will also work.
    A parts search for original pn's might be helpful.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    PM sent regarding this.... Just playing catch up on a lot of things after having to focus on a Course I was taking...

Cheers,
    Dave Cod The Black Supra Man TONS of used 84/83 parts F/S

Dk Blue 84 P-type Virginia car converted to Stick,1 Stock Two tone '85 P-type also US origin), 1 to be Turbo'd at some point!!! Have a 53 ft Trailer that I've converted to a 6000 cu ft 84/85 Supra parts Warehouse....Lots of Parts F/S

Thread Information