Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Torsen TrueTrac diff from boneyards possible?

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  AJ 
#1 ·
Are there any factory Lexus or Toyota 7.5" Torsen Truetrac differentials? What models / years? It would be nice to source one from the boneyard.

David

#2 ·
Maybe in a Japanese junkyard in an JDM Altezza. Pretty much the only thing that has had 7.5" diff from the factory are the cheaper 4 cylinder trucks up to the mid 90's. Everything else is 8" based.

#3 ·
Do parts from the IS200 diff still fit?

#4 ·
In theory yeah, that's what most of the os giken/trd diffs people install in these cars were intended for. Not sure if anyone has actual done it though.

#6 ·
This.

I'll add that the Toyota pickups with 7.5" internals are 2WD rear axels, and not all of the 2WD trucks with 4cyl had the 7.5, but most did.

You can also find the 7.5 in the front end of IFS 4x4 trucks and 4Runners from 1986 to 1995

As for the LSD type stuff, I haven't the faintest idea where to find that stuff for a reasonable price.

The microscopic quantity of TRD truck stuff in the pre-tacoma era is both ridiculously over priced and rare making repairs and parts costly unobtainium.

#5 ·
I asked that because a guy already did it over on Fakebook, I just can't find it. The internals worked.

I think the JDM Altezza has a six bolt driveshaft flange, vs the IS200 with the four bolt.

#8 ·
Unless you find a pickup or older 4runner with IFS that someone put a truetrac in, don't count on it.

#9 ·
Good point Gamble,

I go to the junkyards 1-2 each month just to breath the hazardous dusty air so I might as well look for some interesting parts. The 500-600 cost of a brand new Truetrac is surprisingly very reasonable and I am tempted to go that route but where is the adventure in that?

The Previa has a solid axle F code diff and I am wondering how the AWD version of it comes from the factory.

David

#10 ·
And F code diffs in MX73 Cressies mostly non-LSD 85-88 model yr

AND F code in '85 RA65s usually LSD

#11 ·
I use to search yards in the SF Bay Area

row52.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.