Rear Graphics

Thread: Rear Graphics

Rear Graphics

Where is the best place to go for a graphic set for a Red 1985?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

The only place I'd go would be Raptor Racing, but you might find them on eBay or Amazon.

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    The only place I'd go would be Raptor Racing, but you might find them on eBay or Amazon.

- Jim
    Thanks Jim, brought from RR...........................................that' s a scary place that, almost caught a severe case of carbon fibre while i was there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I haven't seen one in person, but I'd consider the torparts one to probably be the best since its actually made like the factory one. The factory decal is printed on clear vinyl vs all the others that are colored vinyl with the letters cutout.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMk2 View Post
    I haven't seen one in person, but I'd consider the torparts one to probably be the best since its actually made like the factory one. The factory decal is printed on clear vinyl vs all the others that are colored vinyl with the letters cutout.
    So the OEM version is one big strip of clear with the letters printed on it? Was it like that for all years? When I did the scotch-brite-and-meguiar's treatment to mine last summer, it sure looked like it had separate letters with no clear backing I could discern. I know the car's never been wrecked or repainted, so it should have the Supra script it was born with.

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

So the OEM version is one big strip of clear with the letters printed on it? Was it like that for all years? When I did the scotch-brite-and-meguiar's treatment to mine last summer, it sure looked like it had separate letters with no clear backing I could discern. I know the car's never been wrecked or repainted, so it should have the Supra script it was born with.

- Jim
    At this age, the originals are usually pretty obvious because they've shrunk and have lots little cracks throughout and the clear will have taken on a slightly different shade from yellowing/oxidation. When brand new, you had to look really hard to tell they were an actual decal as opposed to a vinyl cutout. But without going out to check, as I recall its not like a solid strip of clear, rather its cut around the outside shape of the letters and just clear in the center of the outlines.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

- Jim
    Not really a big strip, but there is a like a quarter inch of clear border around the letters. Makes it easy to spot shenanigans plus everybody putting it in the wrong spot....

Not really a big strip, but there is a like a quarter inch of clear border around the letters. Makes it easy to spot shenanigans plus everybody putting it in the wrong spot....
    Roger that! That's an excellent description of what mine looks like. Well, at least what's left of it. 30 years of SoCal High Desert sunshine sure made it rot!
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

I've bought one of the Torparts decals and it does look like an almost exact match for the factory decal.

As SilverMk2 says, there is a quarter inch of clear decal surrounding the coloured part of the graphic. The Torparts font and cut out shape is an almost exact match for the factory one.

I've not installed the Torparts decal. I'm waiting for the day that I get the bodywork done and paint the white 84 car. Therefore I can't tell you how the colour stands up to UV light, but from laying the decal out beside the factory decal on the back of the car, you have to have a ruler to measure the differences between the two. They are VERY close.

At least when new, you would be hard pressed to tell if this was original or not.
    Black 1983 P Type 5 Spd, Cloth Interior, BBK,HRE 17" Wheels, HKS Exhaust
    White 1984 P Type Auto, Leather Interior, Sunroof, Digital Dash

Thread Information