wont start after swap please help video included

wont start after swap please help video included

Hey guys, I know its not a supra but I just did a 84 Celica swap to a 85 22RE, So I get everything back together and it sounds like its struggling to turn over like there is not enough power, I boosted with my daily also booster pack still the same... Anyone have this problem before? Please let me know if anyone has any ideas, I got power inside car the dash pop ups work ect… I heard the engine running before the guy pulled it, here is the video

youtu.be/Xqp9u-HXAHM

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY_GTS View Post
    Hey guys, I know its not a supra but I just did a 84 Celica swap to a 85 22RE, So I get everything back together and it sounds like its struggling to turn over like there is not enough power, I boosted with my daily also booster pack still the same... Anyone have this problem before? Please let me know if anyone has any ideas, I got power inside car the dash pop ups work ect… I heard the engine running before the guy pulled it, here is the video

youtu.be/Xqp9u-HXAHM
    The weak turn over just sounds like a bad battery, and a booster pack will not always do the trick, so make sure your battery is in top shape with at least 12 volts power. Any respectable battery shop can tell you if the battery is good bad or ugly.

Using a bad battery will unavoidably destroy your alternator in short order because it's going to work hard trying to charge a batter that cannot be charged; as a result it will cost you 200 dollars in alternator and you will be replacing the battery at that point any way.

After that stuff is out of the way check ALL of the starter grounds and connections. Make sure all connections are tight and clean; bad connections will provide you with a low voltage condition and over amperage the starting system causing a potential fire.

Triple check ALL the cables from the battery down to the starter.

If all that checks out and all the connections are flawless perfect, then pull the starter and inspect to make sure the solenoid contacts are good; on Toyota starters they're the first thing to fail, but usually when this happens the symptoms is "Click click click"

Yes sir this is indeed concerning the 22R powered Toyota's, but also covers the i6 and most other 70's, 80's and 90's Toyota starting systems.

Totally agree with what Mr. Khlause said. You can also try using a jumper cable to see if it will start. If it starts and runs and if it dies after you remove the jumper cable, then you have a dead alternator...and a dead battery.

Thread Information