Wanted to buy a 84 manual transmission cross member - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CelicaSupra.com Member 82TURBOSUPRA's Avatar

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhartmaier View Post
    Two PM's have not been responded to. Can anyone else help me with a 5-speed '84 transmission cross member?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    I DID respond to at least one PM.... still have it in my Sent msgs folder... However, Especially with the Heat & Humidity happening the last week or so... I've only got certain "Windows" that I can take being inside the Trailer in 80 degree heat (it's literally like a Sauna PLUS mosquitoes...

PLUS I have about 10 different other projects on the go... Which also can be directly & indirectly affected by Weather... so yes... if someone has 1 they can put their hands on right this very minute... go for it...

Cheers,
    Dave Cod The Black Supra Man TONS of used 84/83 parts F/S

Dk Blue 84 P-type Virginia car converted to Stick,1 Stock Two tone '85 P-type also US origin), 1 to be Turbo'd at some point!!! Have a 53 ft Trailer that I've converted to a 6000 cu ft 84/85 Supra parts Warehouse....Lots of Parts F/S

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Hey Dave, thanks for the response. Yeah, I have a lot of pots boiling over on the stove as well, so I understand. Anyway, George at RR tells me that a hanger at the cross member is not needed anyway, so I'm now not concerned about the fact that I cut off the hanger while removing my old exhaust. And the two cuts I made in the cross member when the angle grinder slipped are really not that bad and I doubt that there is really any strength lost. Maybe if I get motivated one day when the dust settles around the other projects I will remove it and get the welder out and just repair it as was suggested by previous post. But if you happen to be in your storage box anyway and find the cross member, let me know and if shipping is not to dear I will take it off you. The one in the eBay listing seems to me to be too pricey for what is offered, but I guess if it is the only one left in existence and you really need it then you have to pay the price.

Thanks again for letting me know that you have not forgotten about it.

Bob

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhartmaier View Post
    The one in the eBay listing seems to me to be too pricey for what is offered, but I guess if it is the only one left in existence and you really need it then you have to pay the price.

Thanks again for letting me know that you have not forgotten about it.

Bob
    I think $30 for a pretty much ANY 35 y/0 part that is in Good condition is a STEAL.... it didn't just get that way by accident... Someone had to spend time (& possibly indirectly $$ in terms of possible Storage costs ) in order for it to still be in exisitence.

Between carefully taking the part off (in this case not so difficult but for other parts it can be), Storing/packing it in a way it doesn't get damaged scratched or rusted... then time spent digging it out/taking pics & getting shipping quotes...If someone spends 3 hrs (can often be a minimum likely more) ...& the net result is they only get $30 for all of their work... they would make better $$ getting a P/T job at McDonalds at minimum wage.... as they would make more money ... for their time involved....IMHO....

While there is no dishonor in working at a Minimum wage job (all of us had to start somewhere.... ) I think most of us would baulk at making $10 or less per hour for their time....

Just thought I'd point that out....

Cheers,
    Dave Cod The Black Supra Man TONS of used 84/83 parts F/S

Dk Blue 84 P-type Virginia car converted to Stick,1 Stock Two tone '85 P-type also US origin), 1 to be Turbo'd at some point!!! Have a 53 ft Trailer that I've converted to a 6000 cu ft 84/85 Supra parts Warehouse....Lots of Parts F/S

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Thanks for the comment. You make a good point. Also the price is really not out of line with what a salvage yard would charge. It's heavy, so shipping is not out of line either.

Thread Information