Wanted: Glove box insert (molded cardboard)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wanted: Glove box insert (molded cardboard)

Need one of these in good to excellent condition (not the door, but the actual glove box (cardboard)). The original in my '84 is falling apart and looks like crap. Yes, I know it's a unicorn...but if anyone has one and is willing to sell, please ping me back - thanks!
    '84P 5-speed - 2JZ-GTE, PT 6265 turbo, R154, 3.58 - 465 rwhp @17 psi
    '85P 5-speed - 5M-GE - BPUs - otherwise unmolested

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Yes, I'll have 1 for you.... but even for a light part like that, I'm sure the shipping fr Canada to the US will be a bitch... as, if they don't get U on weight... they will go on Cubic Area being taken up....

If U don't find something Ur happy with closer to you.... to minimize the shipping... LMK....

Cheers,
    Dave Cod The Black Supra Man TONS of used 84/83 parts F/S

Dk Blue 84 P-type Virginia car converted to Stick,1 Stock Two tone '85 P-type also US origin), 1 to be Turbo'd at some point!!! Have a 53 ft Trailer that I've converted to a 6000 cu ft 84/85 Supra parts Warehouse....Lots of Parts F/S

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Cod View Post
    Yes, I'll have 1 for you.... but even for a light part like that, I'm sure the shipping fr Canada to the US will be a bitch... as, if they don't get U on weight... they will go on Cubic Area being taken up....

If U don't find something Ur happy with closer to you.... to minimize the shipping... LMK....

Cheers,
    OK....yes, I know Canada Post can be pricey when shipping down here. Could you send a pic? If I can't find a better one down here I may well take you up on it anyway. :-)

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

The glove box from the toyota Celica 82 to 84 (85??) Should also work, I don't know if they had different colors or anything like that for the insides.

Essentially they're very similar from the firewall back, so a lot of the interior components are the same.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khlause View Post
    The glove box from the toyota Celica 82 to 84 (85??) Should also work, I don't know if they had different colors or anything like that for the insides.

Essentially they're very similar from the firewall back, so a lot of the interior components are the same.
    AFAIK all the Mk II Supras had Black glove box inserts... probaby stripped over 10 cars over the last 15 yrs or so... all the ones I have are black... nvr have seen a different coloured one...

Anyway, I'm on it to find Malibyte a really nice one... it's just that they're sorta scattered all throughout the Trailer... so I have to do some digging to find... have to go tonite to find other parts for other ppl ... so will keep an eye out as I go...

Cheers,

Dk Blue 84 P-type Virginia car converted to Stick,1 Stock Two tone '85 P-type also US origin), 1 to be Turbo'd at some point!!! Have a 53 ft Trailer that I've converted to a 6000 cu ft 84/85 Supra parts Warehouse....Lots of Parts F/S

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Cod View Post
    Anyway, I'm on it to find Malibyte a really nice one... it's just that they're sorta scattered all throughout the Trailer... so I have to do some digging to find... have to go tonite to find other parts for other ppl ... so will keep an eye out as I go...Cheers,
    Much appreciated - Thanks!

Hidden Content

@Dave_Cod: Any luck on that glove box? I may need shoulder surgery so need to get one installed fairly soon, as I want to bring this car back to the Vegas meet in October....thanks!

Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Grabbed the 1st pair I came across... however 1 is stuck inside the other... a little tightly due to heat expansion from Winter to Summer...so have to carefully pry them apart... the top one lis faded on the inside... but the one on the bottom looked better going by the edging that could be seen...

If the 2nd one still isn't one of the better ones... I'll have more... but can't spend a lot of time looking thru a 53 FT Trailer... for 1 item... esp as I only have certain "Windows" I can do stuff... in particular this past week or so there's been not only High Heat... but High HUMIDITY...SOOO... it's like a Sauna in there once it gets past Noon...

When Organizing shelves/tote boxes... have to try & get there at daylight on a Sat or Sun morning... while Trailer is somewhat cooled from the Night...& can't always do that...

Still on it tho'....

BTW ...if It's Rotator Cuff Surgery you're getting... I've had it done & would recommend it... but KEY is to do the exercises afterwards Consistently & NOT just for a few weeks......

I didn't/don't have Benefits ATM ...so I build myself a $5 Weight Machine... Got a couple of pulley wheels, a handle, & some Nylon rope fr a Surplus store... & cleaned out a Plastic Bleach bottle...

I built posts on my deck to put Solar lights up top... & put 1 pulley on a Post & another on the Rail... Fill the Plastic jug w Water to get the weight you want.... Feed rope thru top pulley... down to lower pulley & put handle on end...

Voila... Instant Weight machine & you adjust weight you want simply by adding or removing amount of Water...

Cheers,

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Missed a kinda obvious point... attach Rope to handle of Plastic Jug ("Weight ")

I also have one available if Dave C can't find a good one.
    Dave Harrison

current lineup and year acquired:

'85 white Mark2 7mgte 5sp 1988
    '85 white Mark2 7mgte Auto 2009
    '84 maroon Mark2 6mge 5sp 2013
    '86 red Mark2 7mgte 5sp 2016
    '85 black Mark2 6m Frankenmotor 5sp 2017

Thread Information