Potential cheaper source for 3.73 7.5 ring and pinions

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar

Potential cheaper source for 3.73 7.5 ring and pinions

Did some digging.

Most current Toyota PN for 3.73 7.5" ring and pinion is 41201-80107. Cost from Mr. T is around $850 USD *ouch*

Looks like it was used in the front axle of KZN165 diesel Hilux trucks, which are fairly common in Australia. Replacement R&P is available through aftermarket retailers for a more reasonable rate:

https://www.allfourx4.com.au/Crown-W...nt-41201-80107
    https://www.terraintamer.com/en/4wd-...wheels-pinions

Not sure why it comes with a new flange... But could be worth a shot for someone? Perhaps directly contacting them you could order just the gears and save some $$...
    '84 P-type, 5spd, torrid red, black/grey leather
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works
    Coilovers, ROH wheels, 4 corner BBK, Konis, ADDCO bars, PST bushings etc. etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

087-012396k is a good PN too - might be the same kit, but is from a company called 'drivetech'
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Going brand new is a surer bet for quiet operation. Used, the same F code 7.5" R&P is plentiful in the Previa vans. It is a solid axle though so the internals will require swap out from the pumpkin to the clam shell. The u joint mount on the pinion flange is larger so it might offer and improvement it strength if it can match the driveshaft.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Yeah the larger pinion flange is a popular upgrade - it is also on the front of older pickups and 4runners. 3.73 gearsets can be found on supercharged previas, older 2WD pickups, 4cyl 2wd 2RZ powered tacomas with automatic transmissions, some Cressidas, '82 mk2s, among others.

CelicaSupra.com Member mutantcolors's Avatar
    Lexus IS250.

When I was new to the forum I figured that out on my own. Got told I was thinking too hard. Then other people started doing it. Makes me smile.

Thread Information