1985 Supra for sale 2

1985 Supra for sale 2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Toyota...53.m1438.l2649

Not mine but did see it in person pretty clean he also has another white one that body wise it will need a good amount of tlc just contact him

also the one on ebay he would let it go for cheaper

got a brand new Erbuni body hit off him

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by typeI View Post
    he would let it go for cheaper
    He better. I saw this listing a couple days ago and my impression was a $2500 - $3500 range car. But I guess they're harder to find in that part of the country without a lot of rust so maybe he can ask more. Myself, If I was going to travel to get another Supra, I'd go to the West coast again and get one in better condition for half the price. He sounds pretty proud of that leather but the pictures don't show anything special - the front seats with discolored wear and tear and the back seats always look decent because no one sits back there.
    Dave Harrison

current lineup and year acquired:

'85 white Mark2 7mgte 5sp 1988
    '85 white Mark2 7mgte Auto 2009
    '84 maroon Mark2 6mge 5sp 2013
    '86 red Mark2 7mgte 5sp 2016
    '85 black Mark2 6m Frankenmotor 5sp 2017

CelicaSupra.com Member
    IF the Haggerty values are correct, they have gone up quite a bit. And if correct that is the new price range most sellers will ask for. Get used to it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CarlH View Post
    IF the Haggerty values are correct, they have gone up quite a bit. And if correct that is the new price range most sellers will ask for. Get used to it.
    That would be nice when I put some of mine up for sale then.
    Dave Harrison

current lineup and year acquired:

'85 white Mark2 7mgte 5sp 1988
    '85 white Mark2 7mgte Auto 2009
    '84 maroon Mark2 6mge 5sp 2013
    '86 red Mark2 7mgte 5sp 2016
    '85 black Mark2 6m Frankenmotor 5sp 2017

CelicaSupra.com Member racefanfoster's Avatar
    CRIME FREE Olive Branch,MS... Everybody carrys a GUN!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4SFED View Post
    That would be nice when I put some of mine up for sale then.
    Bras left on for more than a road trip will mess up a good paint job.
    9 owners and 167,000 miles? that's shooting for the moon and hoping to hit the back yard. Dave, you got about $90K in the driveway
    85 7M-GTE (ATHENA) DIVORCED DON FOR 4SFED, THEN I GOT HER Hidden Content Now she is back with 4SFEDHidden Content
    95 (PEARL) WHITE MKIV (THE WIFE'S)Hidden Content ;(
    85 (Candy) Celica GT-S Convertable Hidden Content
    86 (Ruby) SDR Virgin 40,000 MilesHidden Content
    07 (Taco) Pre Runner mulch getter
    86 (Rooster) Cressida
    77 (Jackson) Celica GT
    Hidden Content
    Ruby being pulled home by The TRD Supercharged TUNDRA T3 Termanator

Quote Originally Posted by CarlH View Post
    And that's a "#4 Car", worth about $5k.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

you can barley see the stain in the seats in person , 9 grand is a lot but again the pictures don't do it justice

arm rest is very good condition rear wiper blade switch and fog switch is near mint very odd

5k sounds right to me

Most sellers have an emotional connection to their car that clouds their judgement in the first place, plus, they've lived with their car's flaws for years and no longer even notice them. So its natural that they will overestimate their car's condition even if they've read something like the Haggerty guide. Add to that the old adages "If you don't ask, you don't get" and "There's a sucker born every minute" and that drives sellers to ask the top of the range for their overestimated condition.

By contrast, a buyer has no emotional connection and is typically going to be much more critical of the car's flaws in order to get the lowest price possible. If the buyer intends a restoration, he's going to lose money even if he gets the car for free so he needs to get as much discount as he can. Unfortunately, very often, buyers and sellers have vastly different expectations and sellers tend to feel personally insulted when a buyer makes a good-faith offer with restoration costs in mind. That's why if the seller's asking price seems way unreasonable, I won't even bother to go look at it. I figure I'm not very likely to actually be able to purchase it and just be waste of time and energy.

I don't really like the Haggerty condition guide either. A one paragraph description that always includes a sentence worded such as "Good" is the one word description of a #3 vehicle is a gross oversimplification of a very complex assessment. Collector Car Market Review has pretty much the same categories, described only slightly better, but sadly, 1982 is still too new to be included in their publications. In either source however, they are catering to collectors, in Haggerty's case, people who buy insurance that doesn't allow them to drive it very much at all. Hence another way to look at it is a #3 condition car is generally one that looks at least good enough to take to a local parking lot car show on Saturday night and occasionally take home a little trophy. By the time you get down to #4, you're buying it to drive, not to show off, or maybe to tear it apart and spend the next five years working on it, so you're not going to purchase their insurance on it anyway.

Its hard to judge from a few internet pictures so I won't speculate directly on the value of the offer posted above. I only hope it does go to someone who'll eventually be taking it to car shows.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

Phil nailed the "Buyer-Seller Disconnect". Back In The Day, we called it 'vanity pricing', or as Phil said, if you don't ask, you'll never know if somebody wants it that bad.

Even though I'd like to consider my MKII a "#3 Car", it's somewhere between a #3 and a #4. It needs a new windshield (30+ years of pits and little nicks; tint at the top is all faded and brown), it's got little dents here and there, the carpet belongs in a landfill, the paint is getting so thin that a "cut-and-buff" would make it into a Delorean, and it needs a lot of attention to many little details.

BUT....it's a rust-free car from the California high desert, it's never been in an accident (never been waxed, either, but that's another story), it came with a large box of documents from the original owner, and it was the best one I could find after six months of looking.

I paid $3k for it, which I considered very fair for an "honest car" with flaws.

But making money on the car is NOT why I bought it.....

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Thread Information