Buying a complete Rear End

Buying a complete Rear End

I'm looking to buy a complete rear to convert my 83 Celica GTS to 4 wheel disk and gain the 7.5 rear diff. If anyone has a rusty parts car kicking around let me know, I'd like to keep my IRS in the process so IRS cars only please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    If your car is a GTS, it will already have rear disc brakes. You will need a 7.5" pumpkin and the 2 CV shafts, as I believe the ones for the 6.7 are a different inner bolt pattern but I could be wrong. You can check as the 7.5 CV shafts have the same size of 4 bolt pattern on the inner and outer.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

You should really post where you are located. It's a small fortune to ship this large an item.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I have. But I won't ship. Where are you located?
    Dave Harrison

current lineup and year acquired:

'85 white Mark2 7mgte 5sp 1988
    '85 white Mark2 7mgte Auto 2009
    '84 maroon Mark2 6mge 5sp 2013
    '86 red Mark2 7mgte 5sp 2016
    '85 black Mark2 6m Frankenmotor 5sp 2017

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMk2 View Post
    You should really post where you are located. It's a small fortune to ship this large an item.
    I'm in San Antonio TX but I own a truck and am willing to travel. In response to the previous comment, my 83 came with rear drums. The 85's all had 4 wheel disc.

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    All RA6X Celica GTS with IRS are rear disc. Please confirm your car is not a GT with a solid rear axle, if it does indeed have only drum brakes on the rear.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

In 85. Some 83 came with rear drums. Mine is one of them.

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Its true, the 83s are weird. There's another local guy in the same boat as you.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

I'm still looking for a complete 7.5 rear diff, housing and all. I did manage to find complete control arms to upgrade my brakes. Located in San Antonio.

Thread Information