How is your State NOT classic car friendly? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I read that Hagerty article with great interest, Dave, and they're pretty accurate.

One thing they didn't mention about Kalifornia is that they've tightened up the limits to pass smog on older cars. The last time (literally.....) I registered it I took the paper work down to the San Pedro DMV as they're a bit less crazy than the Torrance DMV. I had a very nice chat with the nice lady who helped me go through all the "late registration" blues, and she told me, after looking around to see if anybody was listening, that Kalifornia really, really, really wants to get ALL the "old cars" off the road, and her son was going through the wringer with a 1970 Camaro SS that should have been pretty easy to get smogged and registered.

Ms. Swan was constantly fail/retest/pass, sometimes failing (or passing) by ONE part-per-million on one of the exhaust gases.

But here in Colorado, she flew through smog, and the guys at the state run test facility said it was very clean, and congratulated me on keeping another "old car" on the road!

Quite a difference from where we came from.

Roads here are anywhere from "Kalifornia Compatible" to stunningly beautiful paved roads through stunningly beautiful countryside. Everything from "Laurel Canyon" and "Mullholland Drive" to Bonneville flat and straight roads depending on whether I head West into the foothills or East out on the Plains.

Oh, and I got Ms. Swan registered here for FIVE years for less than the previous cost of ONE year, and that included the "VIN Verification", the smog test, and all the other fees associated with bringing in an out-of-state car.

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Yep, are a very smart dude to GET OUT.
    Floods and earthquakes and wild fires and the Horrible DMV.
    I grew up in Torrance,but got out in the 60's.
    Colorado is a fine choice and your garage is HUGE!
    I feel badly for the auto transport debacle.

I also would be proud to own your Supra,Jim.As you are.
    My cost of living in Seattle is much higher than Fort Collins,by far. You will be fine living there.
    Holy gee whiz!:::::Wear a wet shirt!
    https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...-collins/80525
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

I could put up with the crowding and congestion, and even the traffic, when I was working, but after I retired, it got to be pretty annoying.

And the fact that Ms. Swan was rapidly becoming an endangered species wrt smog testing made it even more so.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Thread Information