Looking for suggestions on parts

Looking for suggestions on parts

Car currently needs a new clutch and maybe a diff rebuild, and I'm just looking for people suggesting brands to use based off experience.

Not sure if the diff needs to be replaced or not; it isn't grinding at all, it just howls. Clutch definitely will need replacing because it slips badly when it's warmed up.

Stock motor and w58 trans at the moment but I'm looking to do some modification over the winter so possibly a (stage 1/2?) clutch may be necessary, but I'm again looking for opinions based off experience.

Also, a bit unrelated, but does anyone know if Toyota still has old-stock (or similar) rocker panels? I know you can get them for other vehicles (pickups, etc.) but I've never seen any for the Supra. Mine's an '85 P-Type if it makes a difference.
    Last edited by Chezboat24; 07-28-2019 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Capitalization error

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I have ACT stage 1 and happy with it.
    I have a 6M with BPU and it grabs plenty.
    Not too hard for DD.
    As for rocker panels, have not seen that available anywhere.
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RedP85 View Post
    I have ACT stage 1 and happy with it.
    Yes, wish I had a dollar for everyone who ever installed a high performance clutch, then found themselves stuck in stop-n-go traffic day after day wondering why they'd bought an exercise machine that's only good for one leg and they can't even hang clothes on it.

If you'll search, there have been some postings describing how others have made a reasonable facsimile of the rocker moldings from wood (think crown moulding or baseboard type stuff) or fiberglass.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I've done some reading about repairing, just seeing if anyone knew of some full-sized replacements. Looks like I'll have to do some custom replacements. May go to the Toyota dealership if I have time, but that'll probably be a waste of time. Have a recall for my civic which (Honda dealership) is pretty close to it, so I may just pop my head in while it's being done. Thanks for the responses to this point.
    Last edited by Chezboat24; 07-31-2019 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Repairing, not replacing

If you're not going to a turbo just use a 7MGE pressure plate and clutch. Buy the Aisin brand one if you want the OE toyota one. And the rocker mouldings are discontinued to save you a trip.

Okay, that sounds like a more cost-effective approach. Also, thanks for the update on the rockers.

Thread Information