1985 Toyota Supra Gets A Second Chance - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chris, nice work and nice save!!

Thats whats is all about...Dad happy your happy !!
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member CELICA XX's Avatar
    Looks fantastic

Glad another MK2 is back on the road

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I am also glad to see that you and your Dad are not only bonding, but doing it with a MKII Supra.

The trim that goes between the fender flares and the body is available from KBox Engineering, who also carry a set of all the gaskets for the tail lights and side marker lights:

http://www.kbox.ca/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=439

Also check out Rock Auto.

I am replacing all side trim on my '84. I may have a couple of extra pieces, as well as a used set. Grandson is visiting this week, so no time for the car, but next week I will lay out all the parts that I plan to use and let you know what I can part with.

I am running a JVC aftermarket HD reciever/GPS unit. I did not use the bezel that came with the install kit from Crutchfield. Without it the receiver fits just inside the opening without having to do any trimming. Only problem is that it is about a half inch deeper than the original, and hits the servo for the auto A/C, so does not fit flush with the opening. It has black trim around the front, so looks OK. And yes, it does get somewhat in the way of opening the ash tray cover. I don't smoke, and only use the tray as a place to store the lock for my wheels, so I don't really care about that. The previous aftermarket unit I had installed had a big On/Off button on the bottom, and opening the ash tray would hit the button and turn it off. This one is on whenever the ignition is on, and so no problem.

Don't listen to those who say you should not spend more that the market value of the car. First, you are increasing the value as you make improvements. Second, at least to me, these cars are worth it. I have spent probably more that a car with 187,000 miles on it would be worth to most people, but I don't plan to sell it, so I don't care. I have had an all new interior done in leather, new carpet, a bare-metal re-spray, as well as having a few rust issues taken care of.

Good luck to you and your dad.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Congrats. Looks great. Sounds like a great deal.
    Always waiting for payday

Thumbs up Installed Factory Radio and OEM Headlight Whiskers

Got to install the OEM radio and headlight whiskers this weekend. The radio came in from a fellow forum member for $55 or around that. Very pleased, everything works on it. Blew a fuse installing somehow even with the car battery disconnected.
    Whiskers i found on amayama.com for $107 shipped, took about 2-3 weeks to arrive.
    Overall it was a great weekend.

IMG_20190805_191409.jpgIMG_20190805_200420.jpgIMG_20190805_172118.jpgIMG_20190810_112749.jpgIMG_20190810_112753.jpg

Chris, nice work thanks for the update!!
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

If that tape deck doesn't eat up your cassettes, you got a real deal!
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thread Information